cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection types and Specifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am new to QM. My scenario is, during the process, in-process inspection will be done and finally finished good will go to finished good stock. In the finished good stock everyday at random some materials will be taken up for testing. Apart from this when a customer wants a material, that material will be checked again before dispatch and often with added specifications.

My question is-

a) what inspection types should I maintain in QM view of material master for the random checking of finished good in finished good stock and pre-dispatch special checking for a customer ?

b) How can the requirement of checking added specifications for some customers be addressed ?

c) Do I have to create the inspection lots in above 2 cases manually or is it possible to automate to some extent like automatic generation of inspection lot whenever a finished good is transferred from finished good stock to say, a storage location created for stocks to be supplied against customer orders ?

Regards,

Sunit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Everybody.........

Regards,

Sunit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

a) what inspection types should I maintain in QM view of material master for the random checking of finished good in finished good stock and pre-dispatch special checking for a customer ?

for inprocess you ca use 03 type of inspection.

When material is moved to finished store & you Randomly want to inpect the material: Inspection type 04 can be used. this will be created when GR is made in Shopfloor to move the material in finished stock.You can take auto/mass UD for the rest of lots & inspect only those which you want to inspect Randomly.

or for inspection lot origin 89 design 90 inspection type as :Random lot from Production.

Pre-dispatch special checking for a customer :You can only use 89 type of inspection for speical checking.

ypu can create your own Inspection type.

b) How can the requirement of checking added specifications for some customers be addressed ?

This can be achieved by either 10 or 02 Inspection type.

A lot is generated after you carry out the outbound delivery to customer that is during dispach.

c) Do I have to create the inspection lots in above 2 cases manually or is it possible to automate to some extent like automatic generation of inspection lot whenever a finished good is transferred from finished good stock to say, a storage location created for stocks to be supplied against customer orders ?

As asme as above.use std Inspection type 10 or 02 for same.Need not to create manual lots

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I tried as suggested by you and faced following problems.

u201CYou can take auto/mass UD for the rest of lots & inspect only those which you want to inspect Randomly__u201D

When I use 04 inspection type and do final inspection, from u201Cedit/copy inspection resultsu201D I am only able to copy inspection result lot by lot and then do usage decision. How can auto result recording (f possible) and UD for multiple lots be done at same time?

u201Cu2026or for inspection lot origin 89 design 90 inspection type as :Random lot from Production.u201D

I could not find design 90 inspection type. I found inspection type 89 and assigned it to the finished material . Then I made a process order for the material , did final inspection (through inspection type 04) and took the material in unrestricted stock. Thereafter I transfer a part of the the material to another storage location in the same plant through mb1b (movmt type 313). In the new storage location that part of the material is available under u201Cstorage location transferu201D heading but it is not coming to u201Cquality inspectionu201D under that storage location. Naturally in qa32 no inspection lot is seen. How to ensure that the material comes to quality inspection under the new storage location and inspection lot is seen in qa32 for testing?

u201CHow can the requirement of checking added specifications for some customers be addressed ?

This can be achieved by either 10 or 02 Inspection type.

A lot is generated after you carry out the outbound delivery to customer that is during dispach.u201D

I am using strategy 40and MTS (order made without refernce to sale order), so can I use inspection type 11 to get same result ?

Also, even if the lot is generated during dispatch how can I add the u201Cextrau201D specificns relevant to that customer ?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Sunit