cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poject Settlement issue - WBS to WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am getting problem while settlement of the customer projects (Fixed Bid and T&M). Can anyone please help me. The details as follows :

Project has the below structure :

Project def

Top level WBS

Network linked to top level WBS

Second level WBS1

Activity1

Activity2..

Second level WBS2

Activity1

Activity2..

Now i have settlement rule on Activities as respective 2nd level WBS

And i have Settlement rule on 2nd level WBSes as Top Level WBS

Top Level WBS is the only Billing Element and it has Settlement Rule to PSG

When i run the settlement, it settles activities to the 2nd Level WBSes, but the costs on the 2nd Level WBSes stays there. The settlement of 2nd level WBSes to Top Level WBS is not happening.

When i searched SAP Customer Messages, i find that the customers faced this problem and referred some SAP note and the problem was resolved. But the SAP Note# is not mentioned.

Please help me. Thanks for going through the lenthy description !

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Thanks for helping me.

I did change :

1. OPSC to have no Settlement Profile

2. OPUV to have Strategy 05 and no Defualt Rule

Created new project, posted Costs/Reveues, run Results Analysis. While settlement through CJ88, the system gives error :

Sender NWA XX Activity 0010

Maintain Settlement rule of the Sender

But it did execute settlement for the Level 1 WBS correctly. Same message for all the activities. Can you please help.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry in opsc enter a settlement profile - create new

this settlement profile should have Not to settled indicator and set all valid settlement receiver to not allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

This doesn't work fine. The settlement gets executed but the CJI3 shows there are still costs on the WBS. The value which remain on the WBS is difference between Revenue and Actual Costs posted in the project. While closing the project it gives the same warning saying Balance is not 0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This works fine. Successfully settled and closed the project. The settlement is always depends on how te financials handled by the business and it vaies. For my case, there are some manual steps involved.

Thanks Virendra.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Understand and thats exactly what i am trying to do. The problem is the activities are having settlement rule for WBS and they take the WBS they belong to at the time of settlement which is 2nd level WBSes. Now

1. either i need to change the settlement rule at activities to have 1st level WBS and not 2nd level WBS. Do you know what settings i can use to get this ?

2. or Settle 2nd level WBS to 1st Level. but as you said this doesnt look like needed.

Please help.

Thanks

Rajesh

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to remove the settlement from network activities altogether - this can be done from the network type configuration (txn OPSC) make sure that the settlement profile you enter is "can be settled" - settlement profile is configured elsewhere, you may also leave this blank as no settlement is required anyway.

In transaction OPUV network parameter for network type enter 05 for strategy - No settlement rule and also leave default rule as blank

This should take care of the networks activity

Settling WBS level 2 to level 1 is also not required.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

frankly for customer projects I cannot see any reason to settle from within project objects

the aim is to get the profitability to PSG via the biloling element

this means that settlement profiel should be " can be settled"

only level 1 WBS element billing element needs a settlement rule to PSG

No other settlement is required - as all cost will be seen at the top level WBS and the revenue is also posted at top level WBS the system will be able to transfer the profitability to PSG