cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender Mail Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have scenario where in I need to pick the mail with attachment and send that to SAP.

It would looks like Mail(Attachment) --> PI --> SAP.

So,I need to use Sender Mailadapter between my MailServer and PI, and IDoc or RFC adapter between PI and SAP ,which is yet to be decided.

The issue is , the attachment with the mail is going to be .csv or .xls file and not XML.So,is there a way where in I can directly achieve the scenario? or should I use two scenarios like,

1.Mail(.csv attachment) --> PI --> File(.csv)

2.File(.csv) --> PI --> SAP

If go with the above two point , I need to use Sender MailAdapter and Receiver File Adapter for point 1 and Sender File Adapter and Receiver RFC/IDoc adapter for point 2.

Thanks,

Venu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One other way could be use of ABAP proxy with attchments

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a7/3b2a2d45a34a23b75e3b18745c63bc/content.htm

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivas.

The blog which you were refering to ,demonstrates the scenario using XML file as attachment.

I know that this scenario would work if we use XML as an attached file.But I wanted to know whether this would work if the attached file is .csv or .xls.If yes, how would you do the mapping between the .csv/.xls file to the target structure?

Can some one throw some light on this.

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Please see if [this|; can help, also see [this|;

Regards,

srinivas.

Edited by: Srinivas on Oct 10, 2009 9:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

You can try to use PayloadSwapBean to extract the mail attachement and later on in mapping you can design to map this data to IDOC.You can see this [blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3414800)ID2100101350DB01948338356095842378End?blog=/pub/wlg/2849] to know how to configure sender mail adapter to extract the mail attachment .

Regards,

Srinivas