cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the system to production/test/developmet client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are trying to activate de EarlyWatch Alert Report in our BW 3.5 but we have some issue with the configuration of client role. We are getting the message "EWA to SAP is allowed only for test or production systems"

Actually we have the client role with "Customizing" but we need to change to "Productive" or "Test" to complete the requirements for the Report and we do not have Solution Manager.

But we have some doubts about if can we change it without any problem to the system ? or to the users processes ? or to actual configuration ? And in the case that we could have some affectation what we need to do in that case ?

Please some one can explain about it will be very helpfully.

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards

Reynaldo Rebolledo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can change it to TEST without any issues... is it a productiion system?.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan

I am thankful for your quickly answer, yes we only have one system and it is the Productive System.

The change should be done with t-code SCC4 or could be done direct to table T000 ?

Once i'll made the change and could activate the report it should be changed again to "Customizing" or could be stay in "Test" ?

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards

Reynaldo Rebolledo.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we only have one system and it is the Productive System

I presume this is a new installation.. isn't it?... Certainly SAP does not promote 1 tier landscapes.

The change should be done with t-code SCC4 or could be done direct to table T000 ?

Changes need to be done via SCC4, never do changes directly into tables if its not splicitly necesary.

Once i'll made the change and could activate the report it should be changed again to "Customizing" or could be stay in "Test" ?

If its a production system or its latest purpose is been a production system then theres no point ins switching it back to customizing.

Make sure a proper logical system is been define and assigned via transaction SALE.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan

Thanks alot for your help. Yes it is a new installation.

We made the change an now can continue with the activation of the Report.

Best Regards

Reynaldo Rebolledo.

Answers (0)