Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Flag "Protected" while Status is used

biagio_lobascio2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have created a StatusProfile that is assigned to a huge ammount of Documents. Now it is neccesary to set "WriteProtected" Flag for only one Status. But as this Status is being used at the moment it is not possible to change unless every assignment of statusprofile has been revoked.

Is there any possibility to change this flag without having to revoke all assignments?

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I guess the short answer to your question is no. This cannot be done from standard user interface. Only thing I can think of (although I've not tried it) is to modify the table where the status info is stored directly. You would need to consider the impact on the objects which already have this status assigned.

Cheers,

Lashan

biagio_lobascio2
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right, it can not be set by standard. I tried to find the table storing this flag but had no success until now. Can someone help me finding the table?

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

have you solved your problem???

It is possible to change the status-profile even after assigning it (with debugging), but this is a little bit dangerous if it is miss-used. I think, the protection of files is not an attribute from the file, but from the status profile. So changing the protection should not have a great impact on other things, so i think the changing should be possible.

Best Regards

Helmut