cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent Purchase Requisitions from being planned after a specified date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our business has a requirement to be able to specify a date in the future that a product will become obsolete and prevent heuristics from planning purchase requisitions after the specified date but continue to plan within the specified date.

The behaviour that is required is similar to the of changing to MRP Type "P" but for a date sometime in the future and for planning of requisitions to continue upto the specified date. How can this be achieved this in APO?

Blocking the transportation lane will result in annonymous purchase requisitions. We do not want planning after the date that we specify.

Does anyone have any ideas

Thanks

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

i understand the issue but i would suggest you try to control that at a forecast/demand level only.

If for some reasons it is not possible then try the following options..

1. If you are taking snp heuristic then you can restrict it by entering the planning horizon in days in the job variant itself.

but make sure you dont include the products which are not in the scenario.

2. If PPDS heuristics then use time profile to restrict the planning.

Regards

Virender

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

As mentioned by others, I would also suggest that controling this at DP level will be the best option. If not this then I would go by controling the validity of transportation lane. You mentioned that after the TL validity, heuristic is creating purchase requisition without any source of supply. If this is the problem then try selecting option "No Order w/o source of supply" in Model and version management.

Hope this help

Pavan Sarda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

As virendar mentioned, blocking at the DP level should be the best option.

ie You need to maintain and control the forecast and accordingly and block

CVCs of products so that SNP will plan based on DP instructions.

The other option could be marking the R/3 material master of the product

with deletion flag with a valid date so that the product will be

deactivated from that date based on the delta CIF run which carries

master data delta changes which happens daily.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.