Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I lock GRC Production system to prevent any configuration changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. For GRC AC SPM: Does SCC4 client lock setting prevent FireFighter configuration lock too ?

2. Is there a role or list of actions which would allow someone to make configuration changes in the Java modules (CUP, ERM & RAR)

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Just try it and you will see.

2) This is well documented in the manual and the names of the roles are self-explanatory.

Don't be shy...

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius, I am actually shy of the system ... I am only designing some controls around GRC and do not have access to the system to play around or try out stuff. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos

You can make your life easy with a test system and try it.

Designing controls for something which has not been tested by you, yet someone called Julius made claims about it the internet, is not a correct approach. Sorry, just being honest.

But if you do want to go about it the hard way, then use SE11 to display the delivery classes of the tables and SOBJ to check the views for permitted "current settings" flags. If views have not been used, then you need to check the code which updates the tables directly, but if I remember correctly these are maintenance views.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Prashant,

For understanding about all the actions for configuration changes in Java side (RAR, CUP, SPM), you will need to look at the UME (user management engine). All the roles and actions for GRC AC reside in UME. If you look at the configuration guide, SAP has mentioned names of each and every actions.

Regards,

Alpesh