cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarifications on Comm.channel template and integration scenario in IR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in learning stage. Please find my below clarifications.

1) What is the purpouse of Communication channel template in integration Design while using the adapter File to IDOC?

2)Can you please guide me how to create the steps in integration scenario? I am following one of the exist blog. but there this

senario is not clear for me.

I could appreciating, if some one clear my clarifications on above mentioned.

Regards,

SK.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat/Kulwinder,

Thanks for your quick response. I am getting the following error "Internal error: Object cannot be changed in display mode"

while creating the communication channel template in the integration repository.

Regards,

SK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for your quick response. For my first question. So i can use the communication channel sender and receiver details in

ID instead of IR. Am i right?

REgards,

SK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Yes you specify communciate channel template in IR, but use in in ID.

open any channel in ID and then click on cimmunication channele tab at top, then import template to use the channel templates define in IR.

just do taht step, it will clear all your doubts..

Inder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

>For my first question. So i can use the communication channel sender and receiver details in

> ID instead of IR. Am i right?

Yes.

For example when we are working with product kind of things and we have 50 customers then we have to create the communication channel for 50 times, instead of that we can create one communication channel template with all common parameters. when we import that template to ID at that time we can give the other details like FTP server and sender or receiver folders..

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

> 1) What is the purpouse of Communication channel template in integration Design while using the adapter File to IDOC?

Communication template is available in the IR/ESR.

Suppose we are working for product based kind of things then almost all the parameters are same except the source and destination folders, so at that time we create the template and use that template in every scenario (Customer).

> 2)Can you please guide me how to create the steps in integration scenario? I am following one of the exist blog. but there this

For integration Scenario check below links

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417300)ID1735091850DB00966547145574915885End...

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2006/02/17/companion-guide-to-integration-scenario

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9056c89c-1a2e-2a10-8a99-eae154e7...

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2006/02/17/companion-guide-to-integration-scenario

Regards

Ramesh