cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable Offsets-Bit Tricky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

It is very surprise with variable offsets (0CalWeek) in my Query.

I have a query where I have 2 structures.

In Rows, I have 3 selections in structure and one characteristic. The three selections are Different Product Groups let say <b>A, B., C</b> and characteristic is <b>Product</b>. So the Products are listing in the report according to <b>A, B</b> and <b>C</b>.

In Column, I have a Key Figure structure where I have <b>Stock,</b> <b>Age</b> (in No. of Months). The stock and Age are displayed against to Product.

Apart from the stock and Age, The User want to separate the Product Ages in to 4 categories like <b><6 Month Age Product Stock, <12 Month Age Product Stock, <24 Month Age Product Stock, >24 Months Age Product Stock</b>. I created these selections using Boolean operators taking in to consideration of Age and Stock.

I have two variable selections for this query, <b>Country</b> (Mandatory) and <b>Cal Week</b> (Mandatory, User Entry/default). The <b>Stock</b> Key Figure is restricted with Variables <b>Calweek</b> and <b>Country</b>. Up to now the Report is working fine.

Now the User has new requirement is to calculate <b>Previous 12 weeks Sale</b> (in Units) of Product and then he wants to compare <b>Previous 12 weeks Sale</b> with each of <b><6 Month Age Product Stock, <12 Month Age Product Stock, <24 Month Age Product Stock and >24 Months Age Product Stock.</b>

To Calculate <b>Previous 12 Weeks Sale</b> I have <b>Actual Sales</b> as Key Figure in Cube. In Selection, I restricted sales with <b>0Calweek variable</b> with offsets and like that I made 12 selections. I created formula for <b>previous 12 Weeks Sale</b>.

Now my problem is When I introduced this <b>Previous 12 Weeks Sale</b>, The other columns <<b>6 Month Age Product Stock, <12 Month Age Product Stock, <24 Month Age Product Stock, >24 Months Age Product Stock</b> are not populating with Stocks but <b>Previous 12 Weeks Sale</b> is working fine.

If I remove <b>Previous 12 week Sal</b>es and all 12 selections then all the ageing Columns are working.

This is bit tricky, Please suggest me a suitable solution for this. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

SB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

12 weeks means 3 months.Right?

try by creating selections month wise. i.e. create 3 selections by restricting sales with offsets on months instead of 12 weeks .

Hope this helps!

(what about your previous thread?issue is resolved?if so,pl close it by assiging points )

Message was edited by: Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

This weekly buckets data and more over the report is viewed weekly.

I suppose to solve it but again I have this Offset issue.

Once it is solved I definitely assign points to you.