cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect IMS database to BW 3.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

A client has asked us to extract data from IMS database to BW (version 3.5). It is the first time I've heard of IMS and I have no idea how should this connection be done.

I know there are the BC in BW which can extract from sql and other databases, but no idea how to extract from IMS. Neither I know the requirements in BW in order to be able to connect with IMS.....

Sorry, I've been reading posts, documentation and whatever I could find in the internet but sincerly, I haven't uderstood anything..... I've always worked in BI, but I haven't never needed to extract from other places different from SAP, SQL or flat file....

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all!!!

Best regards,

Cecilia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Cecilia

I assume you want to use PI, as you have opened this thread in the PI forum.

I also assume that IMS is a database provider. Is this correct?

1) obtain the DB drivers from the DB provider

2) install the DB drivers (see note #1138877 PI 7.1 : How to Deploy External Drivers JDBC/JMS Adapters)

3) configure the JDBC sender/receiver adapter. See the link:

Configuring the JDBC Adapter in the Integration Directory/PCK

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/22/b4d13b633f7748b4d34f3191529946/frameset.htm

4) decide how you wish to connect to the BW system. You can use a proxy or some of the XI adapters.

Your message flow would look like this:

IMS -> JDBC Sender -> XI -> Receiver Proxy -> BW

You will find blogs on SDN which discuss the actual configurations that are required for the JDBC adapter and for the proxy.

Regards

Mark