cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization synchronising

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenarion where I have created different user groups. Grp 1 can only view Doc type DOC and Grp 2 can view/change Doc Type REP, DOC, FOR.

My problem is new users in both groups cannot view the older Doc, because the document was created before they were granted access. When I check in a specific Document No in Auth Tab, I do not get the users. So somewhere along the line, I think I need to activate something that will synchronize my additions or delitions of users in specific groups with the Document(Authorization Tab). I am on ECC 6.0

Please assist.

Regards

Scharlotte

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you refering to User Groups in EasyDMS? Please provide some info on the environment you are working in. Authorizations are usually inherited in the ACL (if the inherit authorizations box is checked), so the documents will inherit authorizations from the higher level folders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not on EasyDMS.

Where is the ACL (if the inherit authorizations box), is it on Transaction or on IMG?

What will happen to the users that were not added after I have checked on the ACL, will the old users be added or only the newly added users will be added.

Regards