cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gross weight in sales order incompletion log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have gross weight in Kg in the material master and also requisite alternate unit conversion from base unit.

In the sales order I get an incompletion log for gross weight. I can not complete the information as the field is grey in the sales order.

A) Why is the sales order not picking the info from the material master?

B) Why is it not allowing me to change gross weight in sales order if it is not picking it up?

Thanks in advance

Anton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check the item category is is weight/volumme relevent in VOV7

check material master MM02,Enter Unit of measure under additional data section.which will b there below menu bar

Also check if Unit of measures are maintained in sales org 1,2 & sales plant view of material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Balarengan

The problem is resolved

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

This is how Weight/ Volume works in SAP.

You have to maintain the "Gross Weight" in the Material Master under Basic Data 1 tab "Gross Weight" field. Your "Base Unit of Measure" has to maintained under "Base Unit of Measure" field in Basic Data 1 tab.

Then if your using a different Sales Unit Of Measure in "Sales: sales org. 1" tab under "Sales unit" field then you have to maintain unit of measure conversion in "Unit of measure tab" under "Additional Data" button in the Material Master.

Eg: Your "Base Unit of Measure" is KG & Sales Unit is M, then you have to maintain the conversion in "Unit Of Measure" tab under "Additional Data" button.

Eg: 3,007M -> 1,000 KG

In addition to that, you have to set "Wght/VoI.Relevant" tick in the Item Category under IMG Menu:

Sales and Distribution -> Sales -> Sales Documents -> Sales Document ltem -> Define ltem Categories

Then the system calculated the "Gross Weight" field in this manner

The system calculates the gross weight based on the order quantity for the item and the gross weight proposed from the material master record.

If the item has more than one schedule line, the system uses the total order quantity of all schedule lines to calculate the gross weight. In sales documents where schedule lines are not allowed (contracts, for example), the system calculates the gross weight using the target quantity.

Therefore kindly check whether you have maintained all those settings correctly.

Hope this helps you!

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anton,

To answer your first question:

A) If your base unit of measure is KG and you have maintained alternate unit of measurement, ensure that you have maintained 1 (KG) in the Gross weight field in the Basic Data 1 screen of the material master. The system should display the weight in sales order once you have maintained this information

B) The reason your gross weight field is greyed out is because, Weight / Vol. relevant tick in the item category settings (VOV7) is missing. Maintain the tick and then try to create a sales order. The weight fields will no longer be grey.

I hope the above answers your queries.

Regards,

Vishesh

Edited by: Vishesh Kapoor on Oct 9, 2009 4:40 PM

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anton

First of all check where you have maintained Gross weight in MMR in basic data 1 tab or not. You might have maintained in other tabs in MMR.

If you have maintained Gross weight in MMR then also you can change in VA01->item data->sales tab. But it is not advised to change the gross weight in the sales order

Regards

Srinath