Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SAP WM] Cancel Transfer Order after Technical complete of prodution order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

i have this problem.

In my SAP WM implementation, i have customizing the PP-WM interface to create automatically the TO from central warehouse to Production supply aera after releasing of production order. The steps are:

- Release production order

- Creation of TR - automatically

- Ceration of TO to be confirmed (red light) from central warehouse (001) to production supply area (100) - automatically

Now i would that after technical complete of production order, automatically the TO to be confirmed is cancelled. There is a way to do it?

thanks and regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Allesio

I am confused as to why you would want to CANCEL the TO. Surely if the order is complete (technically or otherwise) then the stock has been moved from its source to the order and therefore you would want to CONFIRM it and not CANCEL it.

As I said if the TO is to take 100 of material A from bin 1111111111 to prod order 9999999999 and you cancel the TO the stock will stay in 1111111111 when in fact it has gone to 9999999999 .

If your order is to say create 100 pieces of Z and to do this you need 100 pieces of A then you want to CONSUME 100 pieces of A and GR 100 pieces of Z.

If you cancel the TO the consumption will fail as the stock is not in 9999999999 but has gone back to 1111111111.

The other problem is that you will be showing 100 pieces of A in bin 1111111111 which is NOT THERE as the order has used it.

I hope that this helps

Frenchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You cannot cancvel a TO once it has been confirmed.

You can only cancel a TO whilst it is in process, However if you have a TO that says for instance

move 100 poieces of mat abc from bin 1 to production and you cancel it then the 100 pieces of material will go back to bin 1 and there will be no stock at production.

The idea of confirming a Transfer order is to 'confirm' that the material has been taken fro and delivered to the correct place. If you cancel it you are saying that you are not going to do that now, Therefore if you do not want to be confirming lots of TO's then set the movement type to confirm automatically.

This means of course that as soon as the TO is created it confirms and the stock is moved on the system and the bins will be incorrect until you physically carry out the operation.

There are different choices but you must be sure what it is you require.

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Frenchy.

Your analysis is correct. My only question is: the TO is in red light (hence have to be confirmed). But i would like that, with the technical complete of production order, automatically, the TO (not confrimed) will be cancelled (and not manually, with LT15). Is it possible?

Thank you very much.