Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indefinite time to run report or function module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am facing a problem where a user when run a function module (se37) and a report (se38) in dialog mode, the system is just hanging up and system goes dead. I cannot do with it until the system closes the session due to time out.

I checked the user buffer, even reset it. Strangely the problem occurs only with one user and all others are working fine.

Problem is occuring from a couple of days.

Kindly provide inputs so that I can trace what exactly could be the problem

Regards,

Brahmeshwar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What happens after the systems goes not responding? Is there any short dump is happening? Check out with the basis or dev team to analyze the ST22 .. put the user name and the program name together with the time stamp and check out the report.

Another possibility can be: Due to incorrectly set user parameter, the work process is handling a request which is looking for some data under table area with " * " search criteria in Shared Object Memory. In which release you are? Is it WAS 640 or higher?

Please check with your BASIS team while the user's session is going to Priv mode, what is the Lock status in Lock table in main memory and also the ST22 report details. Also try with deleting user's saved parameter settings.

regards,

Dipanjan

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any FM? Any report?

There is an exit in the editor which could be causing this and not exiting cleanly for this user (or user's not "allowed" by the exit).

Please run the same report from SA38. Does it hang?

Alternately just hit the Enter key a few times to see what happens....

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Oct 9, 2009 11:33 AM

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

clicking enter key did not work.

The user has got one more issue now. He is unable to open source code of a program using se38.

Regards,

Brahmeshwar

0 Kudos

The issue is solved automatically by itself. Looks like a temporary glitch.

closing the thread as the issue no longer exists.

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What happens after the systems goes not responding? Is there any short dump is happening? Check out with the basis or dev team to analyze the ST22 .. put the user name and the program name together with the time stamp and check out the report.

Another possibility can be: Due to incorrectly set user parameter, the work process is handling a request which is looking for some data under table area with " * " search criteria in Shared Object Memory. In which release you are? Is it WAS 640 or higher?

Please check with your BASIS team while the user's session is going to Priv mode, what is the Lock status in Lock table in main memory and also the ST22 report details. Also try with deleting user's saved parameter settings.

regards,

Dipanjan