cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

db2acd Process consumes all available CPU.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

We are on DB2 9.5 and we have recently updated the FixPak to 4 on the Sandbox environment.

The environment is flatlined on cpu with the db2acd process consuming as much cpu as it can. If you stop the system this process does not stop, you have to physically kill it.

Has anybody else had issues with this process ( db2 health monitor ), I think it was previously known as db2hmon.

We are not sure if the problem existed before the FixPak upgrade, however we cannot upgrade our FixPaks with confidence.

The operating system is aix 6.1.

Thanks

Regards Russell

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russell,

perhaps this is the problem:

IC63064: THE DB2ACD PROCESS SHOWS HIGH CPU USAGE:

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/entdocview.wss?rs=203&context=SW000&dc=DA410&dc=DA450&dc=DA430&dc=DA...

Contact SAP/IBM for a special build.

best regards,

Joachim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joachim, thanks for the link although they don't seem to have a resolution for it yet.

I've put in a call with IBM, so we will see what they come back with but it does seem to be recent bug ( september ).

Bhavik, yes the db2diag.log does get db2acd entries associated with SAPTOOLS.DBH_MEMORY_COLLECT, SAPTOOLS.DBH_TBSP_COLLECT, SAPTOOLS.DBH_BP_COLLECT but I'm assuming they are just information/ a by-product of the problem.

Thanks

Regards Russell

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Russell,

Can you post those db2diag.log entries with db2acd process ?

What about these parameters HEALTH_MON and AUTO_ * database configuration parameters and DB2_FMP_COMM_HEAPSZ registry variable settings ?

db2acd is a single process that runs in parallel for both health monitor and automatic maintenance functions.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Russell,

Have you checked concerned db2diag.log entries ? Any entries found with PROC : db2acd in db2diag.log ?

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff