cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How factory calander will show impact into route determination?

1 plant and 1 factory calander and 16 route is there is there..( Plant=shiping point=factory calander)

now busines want 42 plant and 42 factory calander, so do we need to create fro route ?

if yes the breif me..

thanks

mk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Factory calender will not determine route in standard SAP process.

Route determination: Dep zone of shipping point / T-zone of ship-to party / shipping conditions / transportation grp (material master).

But the factory calender in the route can effect the delivery scheduling. This is coz, during delivery scheduling, system will calculate the transoit time (time taken for the goods to reach the customer after PGI). Consider that in the factory calender of the route ABCD for eg, only Mon - Fri are defined as working days. This means that there will be no goods transport on Sat & Sun. Consider that you entered transit time in the route as 8 days. When you do PGI on 09th Oct, system will determine the confirmed delivery date as 21st Oct but not 17th (consider weekends).

As a usual practice, we assign the same factory calender to plant, shipping point & route.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

So shall we go ahead to create more route ?

plz reply..

thanks

mahesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sivanand has clearly provided the mentioned about the Route determination and impact of Factory Calender.

Definition: factory calendar

Personnel Time Management (PT)

A calendar in which working days are numbered sequentially.

The factory calendar is defined on the basis of a public holiday calendar. The validity period of a factory calendar must be within the validity period of the public holiday calendar.

The weekdays that are working days must also be specified in this calendar.

Example

Monday through Friday are working days.

Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays are non-working days.

So According to your Plants/Location etc you will deifne the factory calender.

now busines want 42 plant and 42 factory calander, so do we need to create fro route ?

I think your r talking about the: Define Customer Specific Calender

IMG-SD-Master Data-Business Partner-Shipping-Define Customer Calender.

This you can create

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

i m just asking shall we go ahead to create more Route..once 42 factory calendar will introduce to each plant?

plz reply

thanks

mk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U can maintain Calander at Route..

thanks

mk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How factory calander will show impact into route determination?

1 plant and 1 factory calander and 16 route is there is there..( Plant=shiping point=factory calander)

now busines want 42 plant and 42 factory calander, so do we need to create more route (like 42)?

if yes then breif me..

thanks

mk