Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database SQL error; Connection failed

stephan_zehm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey,

I converted our SAP Development System from a physical machine to a virtual machine. Hostname, DB SID, SAP SID are not changed.

Now I want to run the new system out of our domain and without network connection as a local system, but the SAP System can not connect to database. All the services (MaxDB and SAP) are running with the local system account.

Here you can see the syslog from SAP Management Console.

Database: SQL error -1070 occurred (possible network problems?). Work process is stopped

Database: Database error -10709 at CON

Database: > Connection failed (RTE:Database name is missing)

SAP Basis System: Initialization DB-Connect Failed, Return Code 000256

Database: SQL error -1070 occurred (possible network problems?). Work process is stopped

Database: Database error -10709 at CON

Database: > Connection failed (RTE:Database name is missing)

SAP Basis System: Initialization DB-Connect Failed, Return Code 000256

SAP Basis System: Stop Workproc 8, PID 2628

SAP Basis System: Stop Workproc14, PID 3012

Communications data: SAP gateway was closed

SAP Basis System: Message server disconnected

SAP Basis System: R/3 System stop, dispatcher PID 39

SAP Basis System: Stop Msg Server, PID 3976

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Stephan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Database: Database error -10709 at CON

> Database: > Connection failed (RTE:Database name is missing)

> SAP Basis System: Initialization DB-Connect Failed, Return Code 000256

Please check if your database is running.

(as user <sid>adm):

dbmcli -U c db_state

Markus

stephan_zehm
Explorer
0 Kudos

the database is running.

The new system is not into our domain. So I have no user SIDADM and SAPServiceSID. Is this maybe the problem?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The new system is not into our domain. So I have no user SIDADM and SAPServiceSID. Is this maybe the problem?

So you "migrated" the system from Domain to non-domain? This is not supported and can only be done by a clean system copy.

Note 1233320 - Domain migration for SAP system

The reason is the fact, that now all your users are invalidated, the generated UIDs can't be verified, permissions on filesystems are invalid as well as permissions/ACLs for registry keys.

Markus

stephan_zehm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, this is correct. I "migrated" the system from Domain to non-domain.

Is there a difference between a "clean" system copy an a "homegenous" system copy?

Can I now take my migrated system and make a system copy with backup restore or should I install a new database and SAP system and then make a backup restore? Or should I install also a new operating system before system copy?

thanks,

Stephan

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is there a difference between a "clean" system copy an a "homegenous" system copy?

No, this is the same. Sorry for the confusion in terms.

> Can I now take my migrated system and make a system copy with backup restore or should I install a new database and SAP system and then make a backup restore? Or should I install also a new operating system before system copy?

The reason why your system is not coming up is the fact, that the users are invalid. You will need to run sapinst and install a system but your can use a backup of the current system of course - if your backup is the database on a logical level, means, not a VMWare backup.

Markus

stephan_zehm
Explorer
0 Kudos

thank you for your helpful answer.

I will try it with sapinst and backup restore.

We will see

Thank you,

Stephan