cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an Index on First Page of the Iform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an interactive form having 4 pages.

Now My requirement is to create an index page on the first page of the form, so that the end user could navigate through out the form using the index.

My second question

I already have 4 pages in the iform and now

i want to insert a body page which will be first page.

Please help asap.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

I have seen customers use JavaScript to create tabs at the top of the form that let you jump to the corresponding (body) page of the form.

As for moving a body page: Try the Designer documentation (F1 in Designer), it's actually quite good

Here's the relevant section:

<b>How to reorder the sequence of body pages</b>

If you need to change the order of the body pages in a form design, you can do so using the Hierarchy palette.

<u>Tip</u>: If the Hierarchy palette is not visible, select Window > Hierarchy.

To reorder the sequence of body pages:

In the Hierarchy palette, select the subform that corresponds to the body page that you want to move.

Drag the subform to a new position beneath the "form1" node.

Repeat steps 1 and 2 until all of the body pages are in the order that you want.

Cheers,

Markus Meisl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the quick response.

Please inform how to create tab and java script code piece to link other parts of the page.

In my form i have independent body pages. now i inserted a new body page which will my index page.

Moving the page to top of the other page using Hierarchy, i did first. However when i move the page in the hierachy it is showing one page, however in preview it is coming two pages.

Please help .

Regards,

Ranjan

I am uanble to understand what is happening. By the way i am using ADobe Designer 6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjan,

I haven't tested this in Designer6 but I think it should work.

You can use the following script to create your index list.

xfa.host.currentPage = xfa.layout.absPage(xfa.resolveNode("form1.AnotherPage1.TextField1"));

You have to use resolveNode to get a reference to an object on your form. This is the parameter for the absPage function that tells you on which page the object is. This result is assigned to the currentPage which causes Reader to jump to the corresponding page.

Best regards

Juergen Hauser

Adobe Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks a lot for the nice answer. This is really works.

However my question is if only static text and static images are present in the page then, how can we get handle for them. And my requirement is to jump to the page and at the particular area of the page.

I solved it logically. Still thinking for better alternatives.

I put very very smalll text fields(which is almost invisible) in the particular areas of specified page.

When the user clicks the link , i send fucus to those text fields.

Here is code.

xfa.host.setFocus("DataSource.#subform[1].txtbv");

Although it's working , i am thinking of better alternatives.

Please help.

Regards,

Ranjan

Answers (0)