SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Determination Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day All

When trying to bill a contract with Acc Determination (02). All the other Master Data is set to Interdepartmentatl. Installation has Departmental Rate Catergory and Billing Class, Contract Account is set to Interdepartmental. But when executing the blilling via tcode EA00. I receive the following error:

Account determination not possible for key /03 /02 /0100 /0043.

Although i have Interdepartmental Contract, the system is still searching for Domestic Key in the Chart of Accounts. Strangely if i bill the Contract with an Estimated reading the billing is successful however fails with an Actual Reading.

Could someone please assist

Thanks

Angelo Carolus

IS-U Consultant

Device Management

4 REPLIES 4

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Angelo:

For all billing charges, the account determination id is derived from the contract being billed. Since your contract has 02, then the account determination will use that value. You must add proper accoutn determination entry OR change the ADID on your CONTRACT to the value you are looking for.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks Bill.

The contract has been set to ADID 02, however we stil receive this error.

Thanks

Angelo

0 Kudos

Angelo:

If the contract has ADID 02, then you ned to have account determination for it. As the error is indicating, you have not maintained posting string for /03 /02 /0100 /0043 and you must do so within posting area R000.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill

We have not maintained that account determination has it is incorrect and in terms of the business. This error does not occur for all 02 contracts in the system, only for contracts that have been changed from being 01 contract to 02 contracts. And by changed im mean changing all the master data from BP type, Contract Account, Contract, Rate Catergory and Billing Class whic still results in a error when trying to bill and actual reading.

Thanks

Angelo