cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SapConsole with SAP R/3 4.0b

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does any one know if You can use sapconsole to connect a character based terminal to an R/3 release 4.0b system?

I'm not interested in using any MDE functionality e.g. LM transactions, just a customer developed transaction.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't think that it will work with a 4.0b system. The earliest looks to be 4.5

http://www.sapgenie.com/sapfunc/rf.htm

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/27/the-move-from-sapconsole-to-mi

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rich for your reply.

I have the same feeling but I couldn't find any definitive answers in any documentation available. But on the other hand since most SAPGUI releases (4.6 and later )which include sapconsole can connect to any SAP release why shouldn't sapconsole do it? I guess the only way to find out is to test it on a SAP R/3 rel. 4.0b which is quite difficult since it is hard to find or get a reply from someone who has actually tried it (quite rare as well i believe).

Thanks

Vassilis

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I agree, you would think that it can at least make the connection. My concern is in the config itself. In SAPconsole, you must have a starting transaction, usually this is LM01, which handles the menu setup for that user id, and hence all of the programs. I do not believe that this will be available in a 4.0b system. If you are only using one custom transaction, then I guess there is no problem, but I assume that it will be more than one eventually. So you will need a menu system of some type. I guess that you can develop your own custom menu system like LM01.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

My thoughts exactly! As long as the client doesn't require any extravagant LM transaction functionalities and requires just 1 or 2 own developments, it might just be enough.

Sincerely

Vassilis

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Maybe its time that the client do an upgrade, I'm sure that they must be paying a huge amount for support right now.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For information Websapconsole with 640 GUI works fine.

Just need an Windows 2000 with IIS set.

Just some adjustements with logging screen on SAP side.

For graphical result, see www.logiplus.de for frontend like windows ce or .net ones.

Best regards.

JLB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

Just a FYI..

SAP Console / WebSap Console will work with lower versions than 45B provided you are not using the Standard LM** functionalities, OLML Configurations and using Custom RF Txns instead.

All you need is one latest SAPGUI Version that has all the necessary SAP Console Installation Components that runs on the SAP Console / WebSAP Console Server.Also you might have to configur Telnet OR ISS based on the Console Environment you use(SAP Console OR WebSAP Console).

We have implemented Custom SAP RF Console transactions for customers in 3.x Versions too, who doesnot uses the OLML configurations.

JLB is correct with his assesment.

Thank You

Gisk

Answers (0)