Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal, SSO with Backend and UWL

former_member906139
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

When we use Portal as frontend for multiple systems and backend systems will be ERP, HR, SRM etc. then we follow process like creating system in portal for each SAP system, configuring SSO between then and deploying applications specific to scenario like SRM or ESS etc (Include creation of JCos also).

My query is regarding working of SSO here as multiple system are connected to portal. Please note that the user ID in portal and in backend systems are same.

The SSO here will work depending on application we trigger. For ex. if we use any tab under ESS, it will get to know that backend will be HR system from maintained JCos and corresponding system aliases. Same goes for SRM and other. (Please correct me if I am getting wrong here).

But in case of UWL, we create connectors in UWL admin page, provide particular system aliases and register the connector.

Now my query is that how UWL is providing data, how SSO work here, as multiple systems are configured on portal. Is it only depend on roles provided to user?

Also if someone provide info on SSO working flow or how SSO work from portal will great help as I am not getting exact data when I am searching on internet, SDN etc.

Regards,

Abhay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

UWL is working on the base of roles in portal. Data which you are searching in UWL will fetch from users in portal and from their information but you have to make sure that all users in portal from respective backend systems like ERP user, ESS user etc. are properlly mapped with backend.

SSO is single sign-on. How SSOwill work, you can check on below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/43/2232900bb93fece10000000a11466f/content.htm

If you want to configure SSO in portal then you have to make sure below things:

1) Exchange of portal certificate in all connected backend system.

2) Parameter for single sign-on should be set in backend systems (on CI+App servers). login/accept_sso2_ticket=1 and login/create_sso2_ticket=2.

3) Switch to fully qualified host names.

4) set login login/password_change_for_sso=0. lSo that it will not ask users to change password in backend system when users will access backend system from portal.

For more information, check link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/ca0fe42fbb5c97e10000000a42189d/content.htm

Thanks

Sunny

former_member906139
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Configuration of SSO is not an issue.

Consider my scenario.

Portal is connected to backend ERP, SRM and HR system. One user have all role in portal which are required to access backend for ex. ESS role and SRM roles. (This is required, currently only ESS done).

So now as only ESS roles are provided, UWL showing ESS specific data.

If I will configure for SRM, will UWL show data from both SRM and HR system?

Regards,

Abhay