cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to apply Material determination at Subitem level of BOM. How to do that...

Ex: FERT is made of 3 HALB and now i want to activate Material determination at any HALB ..

So kindly suggest me if is there any possibility wither standard or new development . Please suggest me in details.

Thanks in advance

mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my knowledge, it is not possible to replace the sub items automatically. Material determination happens only for the Material Entered and not for the material determined (as sub item due to BOM or free goods etc.,). Either you should manually enter the substitute material or go for enhancement with the help of user exits.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i will agree with the others that material determination at BOM sub-item level is not supported in ERP. it could be supported in SCM-APO, though.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

mk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This requirement of yourzs can be solved by maintaining multiple BOM for the main item, in which case the user will be able to select the BOM as for his requirement.

for that in VOV7 item category for main item

In Bill of Material COnfiguration ( tick Manual alternative ).

This setting will solve your requirement.

regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashis

I want Material determination apply at Sub item level..

Thanks

Ex: BOM

FERT= HALB1 HALB 2HALB3

now i want material determination at HALB2 or HAlB3 ..

further i already maintained VB11 for HALB2/3 as MAT1/ MAT2/ MAT3 so on..

Kindly look into it again.

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I have not tried, but i dont think you will be able to material substitution at sub item level.

even if you do material determination at sub item level, you have to maintain the BOM for all the possibilities ( That is with the alternate materials for HALB1, HALB2 and HALB 3)

so by just selecting the BOM manually with the required combination of subitems you will be able to achieve your requirement.

regards,

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru.

Any alternate solution for above scenario..

Thanks and awaiting

mk