Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to record result for partial quantity of inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am basically a PP consultant.

Need your help in QM.

We have QM effective for production activity only.

We have some inspection characteristics created for operation inspection.

Also the code groups and codes are in place.

The inspection type 03 is maintained in the material master.

The requirement is at the time of result recording in QA32, we should be able to record the result for the partial quantity (say out of 100 pcs , 75 pcs are OK and remaining are defective), and for the remaining quantity we should be able to record the defects.

in QA32 only

How to tackle this ?

Your valuable inputs will be highly appreciated.

SmanS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

The requirement is at the time of result recording in QA32, we should be able to record the result for the partial quantity (say out of 100 pcs , 75 pcs are OK and remaining are defective), and for the remaining quantity we should be able to record the defects.

in QA32 only

As per my understanding what you want is for 03 type of inspection you should be able to do the RR for smaller quantities over a period of time.

this can be possible only by defining all char as a long term char in control indicator.

This will enable you to do the RR & defect recording at any time after UD is taken or not.

After UD also status of LOT will become LTIN

I hope this will help

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

First of all thank you very much for taking out time for answering my query.

Please understand I am novice in QM.

So request you to guide me step by step.

SmanS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Remember one thing

Result recording is never on lot size.It's always on the sample size which is calculated for the sampling procedure you use in task list.

Now your lot size is 100 so sample size will be say 20,so 20 nos are used for RR.You can inspect for 100% inspection also depending upon your requirement.

similerly Defect recording is also on sample size ,if you want to do defect recording for a char.

Now

You are using 03 type inspection.for this the task list is not use or rather I would say it's a routing.

Now in routing at char level say you have mainatained 3 char.

As per your requirement you want to do the partial result recording (say sample size of each 3 char 10,then(say) you want to inspect 3 sample size first then 3 & then 4 )

This is possible only when while creating a char you specify each char as a long term(check control indicators)

This will allow you to do RR partially & do defect recording at any time.

when you complete all the sample size you can valuate & close the char(status:5)

The status of the inspection lot will become LTIN

I hope you understood.

Regards'

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sujit,

I have done whatever you ask me to do.

I have changed the MIC, 'Thick' in QS23 and in control indicators marked 'Long term inspection' under 'Miscellaneous'.

I assigned that MIC to one operation in the routing.

I created one order for that material. The order quantity is 10.

Executed QA32.

Selected that inspection lot & clicked on 'Result' radio button.

In the next screen selected the the operation.

And in 'Record results' screen, entered the following values,

Inspected- 6. Next to it under 'Results' entered the value of 'Thickness' i.e. 5. which is OK.

Now pls tell me what to do to record the defects for the remaining quantity of 4?

SmanS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my understanding you have selected summerize result recording .Better if you select single result recording in contril indicator of task list.

This will allow you to enter individual values of char agaist sample size.

say you have only inspected 5 Qty then you can do RR for 5 qty & save.

next time you will do RR for next 5 then vaulate all char & close(status of char will be 5)

This will hepl you to do RR at later stage also.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sujit,

Thanks a lot.

Let me explain you d normal procedure at clients place.

They manufacture jewelry.

It contains more than 10 operations.

In QM they just want to register the quality aspects. Nothing more.

So I have given inspection type 03 in QM view.

The basic master data is maintained except 'Inspection plan'.

Now as you say I need to select 'Single result recording' in the task list, or in MIC?

My requirement is if I maintained it as 'Single result recording', then do I need to go for each gram of material where the UOM is gram?

Please elaborate further.

The requirement is in case of material where the UOM is pcs the inspection would be carried out physically & just want to register in summerized from in the system.

Lets take an example,

I have material 'XYZ4356'.

In the first operation I have assigned MIC 'THICK' which nis nothing but thickness is assigned.

Created the order.

Carry out physical inspection, in which teh 6 pcs are found ok & 4 not OK.

Now hoe to record this in QA32.

I am able to do RR for 6 pcs but while doing defect recording the system gives me pop up for 'Inspection lot' , 'Operation', 'Characteristic'

What should I choose here?

B'cos for 'Operation' & 'Characteristic' system gives me an error 'Report category 00000050 for operation 0010, work center E010, plant 1000 not allowed'.

Please tell me am I doing the correct procedure?

Please guide me step by step.

SmanS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My requirement is if I maintained it as 'Single result recording', then do I need to go for each gram of material where the UOM is gram?

If your requirement is like this then don't go for single RR .In summerize only you can put number ofunits inspected & number of units found ok or how many defetcs you found.

Now hoe to record this in QA32. in which teh 6 pcs are found ok & 4 not OK.

In inspected =6

ok=6

number of defects=depend on inspection

am able to do RR for 6 pcs but while doing defect recording the system gives me pop up for 'Inspection lot' , 'Operation', 'Characteristic'

What should I choose here?

when doing defect recording system gives you option of whether defects are to be recorded at lot level,operation level or at char level

So you can select charectoistic wise defect recording.this will help you to know individual char level.

select 'Report category 00000010

rest of the settings are fine

Regards

sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sujit,

Thank you.

Request you to elaborate further.

Would you please?

Regards

Mangesh Shinde