Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patching 3.2 SolMan - can't update ST-ICO or ST-PI

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

Patching Solution Manager 3.2 to Stack 19

We have already, and successfully, applied SPAM updates for all components execpt ST-ICO and ST-PI. The Stack included patches for ST-PI 620_2006 and ST-ICO 150_620, but no base install package.

Currently we are at ST-ICO 140 patch 0001 and ST-PI 2005_1_620

I've downloaded the patches for both via the Stack 19 set. SAINT however does not seem to recognize these packages.

Note 608277 indicates we need SAPK-150BGINSTPL for the ST-ICO component. I am unable to find that, or any, package other then a patch for this version of ST-ICO. The same issue for ST-PI

How should I proceed?

Thanks for your help.

Laurie McGinley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunny, but all I see available are the patches (support packages) not the base release.

Laurie

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

Is it necessary to bring ST-ICO and ST-PI up to these levels? I would like to as it seems that the Notes indicate they are the most recent (for 3.2) supported releases.

However, is is it OK not to bring them up and leave them at the current levels? Our primary goal is to upgrade to 7 EhP1. I've tried that going directly from the 3.2 version we are now at, and have run into SQLServe 2000 issues. So we decided to upgrade the database first (but need to get our SolMan past SP 57 (we were at 52). So we dedided to go ahead with a full stack patch to get Solution Manger 3.2 to the most current supported level (since I needed to pacth it to get SQL Server upgraded anyway). From here, we will go to SolMan 4, and then 7Ehp1.

Maybe, if it ok to leave the ICO and PI complonets at the level they are at, and the system will function correctly, it will be time better spent doing the databse upgrade and moving on with the upgrade to 4.

I would appreaciate any thoughts regarding this idea (or suggestions where I can find the files I need to upgrade the compolenets).

Thanks

Laurie McGinley

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

ANd the answer is that these are old components so I need to ask SAP to make them available. Mistory solved.

Laurie