cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicator XSD Schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MDM experts!

I have a XSD schema that I'm using to create the export map in Syndicator, I have some currency fields that i need to export, the problem is that when I generate the XML File, these currency fields is generated with format like "2,000.00". I need to generate with the following format 2000.00, to be clear i need to generate it without the coma.

I now that there is an option in Map Properties tab that i can set the "Numeric Thousand Separator" and I changed it to "None", but I also noticed that this option will work only if the field is type "decimal", but when I go to "Item Mapping" tab and look in "Type" column in Destination items field I have my decimal fields as Text fields, so I believe that MDM is not making any conversion because they are set as Text type in XSD.

I tried to change my XSD file and put the type "decimal" in element tag like example below:

<xsd:element name="AMOUNT" type='xsd:decimal'></xsd:element>

But MDM is still mapping as a text type, MDM is not reading the xsd type. So it recognizes it as text and the Numeric Thousand Separator is not working.

Anyone now how can i get this this to work?? To really be able to convert currency value from 2,000.00 to 2000.00 ?

Thanks so much experts!

Fabiano Moraes

Edited by: Fabiano Moraes on Oct 9, 2009 1:01 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I never believed ur post but when I tried myself to insert different XML Data Types into MDM, MDM doesn't seem to interpret them correctly! It defaults them to Text internally which is weird and takes away the meaning of XSD.

Anyway, you can get over this by moving to Destination properties, selecting AMOUNT element. Then move down to Normalisation and select Custom Char - enter comma (,) over there and hopefully it should work.

- Dev

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devashish!

Your solution fits my needs, syndicator removed the comma. Its really weird that MDM ignore the type in XSD file.

I would like to thank you so much for your help!

Best Regards!