cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB14 doesnu00B4t show brtools logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we are doing backups with TSM. This software have an TDP agent that call brtools commands to execute a backup, but the transaction DB14 doesn´t show the logs in /oracle/VED/sapbackup, however if we do a backup with transaction DB13 then the transaction DB14 show the recently backup logs.

¿how can we to do for DB14 show all logs in /oracle/VED/sapbackup?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our problem was resolved, we review the logs and saw that brbackup

command was executed but didn´t run because there weren´t oracle

processes then the log wasn´t generated in /oracle/VED/sapbackup

Thanks

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Espartaco,

As per my understanding, you are using TSM for taking backup of your database and it internally calls brbackup .. yes ?

If so, you should gets some logs written in sapbackup as well. And what information you get in .jjj file. Db14 will work you have similar extension files there which DB13 scheduled creates. Probably you get more information in jjj file..

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, we are using TSM for SAP backup and it internally calls brbackup. We did review el sapbackup folder but there wasn´t jjj files in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

are there backup logs from Tivoli backups in your sapbackup folder? From what you wrote so far it is not clear to me: Aren't there any logs? Or are they there, but DB14 doesn't show them?

And do you see your Tivoli backups in transaction DB12?

What is your operating system and Oracle version, by the way?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Espartaco Yasik Gomez Gutierrez,

What is the SAP BASIS release and other platform details ?

What is the extension of log files which are not getting displayed in DB14 ?

Try to search in service marketplace, like following Note may help you

Note 1112726 - DBACOCKPIT: Button 'All' in 'DBA Logs' does not display data

Regards

Subbarao

Former Member
0 Kudos

.fff is the extension of the logs files

I did review the note 1112726 but it doesn´t fix my problem, first because we have Support Package 18 for Basis 7.00, and second because the DB14 show us backups logs of backups schedule with DB13 but doesn´t show us backups logs of backups schedules with TSM (tivoli storage manager=backup software third)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the backup is been taking with tivole (i.e. filesystem, volume group backup) it certainly won't show in DB14... now, if the backup is using brtools and brtools are calling a tivoli then it should be recorded. in any case backups should have extention .afd in /oracle/<sid>/sapbackup

Regards

Juan