cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manager in database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know where the manger is stored in the backend database? I'm trying to find the virsa_ae table it is in..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel your pain at not having an ABAP debugger in Java systems...

Take a look in the Visual Admin (and as of 7.10 in the NWA) for the tracing possibilities to see which tables are hit.

You will also find some data model information and hints in OSS.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

CUP just stores the manager information from the request field so it won't understand the org structure. Try APPROVER field in VT_AE_REQD_HDR1 table.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

> CUP just stores the manager information from the request field so it won't understand the org structure.

Ahh, now I see what matt g wants to do... thanks Alpesh.

It would be nice if there were a standard functionality to pull the line manager. One of my customers use a batch file procedure... but that is only as good as the users for whom it is maintained accurately.

A switch to activate the pull would be more appropriate to retro-fit this.

Cheers,

Julius

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There is.

In SAP HR and LDAP connectors you can define a path to managers, which will then be pulled from the user data source when creating a request.

It's not that bad

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool! Thanks for the infos Frank!

I will try this out when I find a customer with reliable and complete HR org hierarchy data..

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any guide or how-to for pulling the manager information from the user data source? I can't really imagine how to implement it. Do you have to name a field in LDAP like "manager" and it will be automatically pulled?

Thanks

Manuel

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The manager determination depends on the connector type.

- for the SAP HR connector you can select the manager path in the connector

- for the LDAP connector you need to map the manager field in LDAP field mapping

If managers are maintained you will then see the manager pre-populated in the request.

Frank.

Answers (0)