cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User defined message search in PI 7.1 EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helly,

I heard about the new feature in EHP1: "Search asynchronous messages by business-relevant information criteria contained in the message payload (SalesOrder Number, customerID, etc)."

Has anybody tried it yet? Is that realy as simple as it sounds? Can I just search for any free-text information in the SXMB moni? What steps are necessary to use this feature?

Thanks,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Christoph,

Dint get a chance to try hands on PI 7.1 ehp1, but i found this doc interesting...

Pooja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

User defined message search enables you to search for messages using the XML payload attributes or using the adapter specific message attributes.

Implementation:1) Execute the transaction SXMS_LMS_CONF.

2) Define the filter to select the message you want to search. Filter is selected on Service Interaface level(bot outbound and inbound side).

3) On that filter define a extractor.Extractor uses an XPath expression to search for attributes in the payload of a message or you can also selcet select dynamic header for adapter-specific message attributes

4) And at last define the namespace prefix (optional step).

Thanks

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I have a question on the step 3 that you mentioned. I have created the filter, but when I try to create the extractor by double-clicking on the filter, nothing happens.Can you please help me to understand on creating extractor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you get after the double click? Usually you just have to make double click on the Filter List (even if no visual message is displayed) and then click on the 'Add' button for the Extractor list.

0 Kudos

Hey David,

Thanks for your reply.I dont see anything hapening after I double click on the filter.I only see a flashing busy mouse icon for few seconds after which it disappears and nothing happens after that.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Has anybody tried it yet? Is that realy as simple as it sounds? Can I just search for any free-text information in the SXMB moni?

No. You have to define specific search criteria for each message. So when you define customer number, you can search for customer number, but not for anything else.

Doug_Munford
Participant
0 Kudos

Transaction SXMS_LMS_CONF (LMS = Lean message search)

See help in :

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/c85598f63335bfe10000000a42189d/frameset.htm]

(There is also an extractor program to run SXMS_EXTRACT)...

Regds Doug.