cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc packing with PI 7.1 EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

how does IDoc packing (EHP1) work within a IDoc sender channel? Has anybody already tried it? Can I simply recieve "collected" IDoc from ECC (e.g. invoic IDocs) which are not splitted by IDoc adapter? So that I do not have to use a collect BPM any more?

Thanks!

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. You are right. From 7.11 onwards, we can define a sender IDoc adapter for each idoc coming from the sender system and mention how the idocs should be packed. No more BPM for IDOC collection.

VJ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, No need of BPM to collect IDOCs from PI 7.1 EHP1 onwards.

For IDOC packagaing, you would have to "choose IDoc Packaging" option in your IDOC sender CC and under "IDoc Package Size ", specify the numnber of IDocs you want to put into an IDoc XML.

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

that means I have to "create" an IDoc sender channel to receive IDocs from ECC? How can I define whether IDocs should be received via this IDoc sender channel or via the "standard" IDoc adapter?

How to define the IDoc package size when I don't know how many IDocs will be sent from ECC to PI?

Thanks,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

> that means I have to "create" an IDoc sender channel to receive IDocs from ECC? How can I define whether IDocs should be received via this IDoc sender channel or via the "standard" IDoc adapter?

>

Yes, you do have to create an IDOC sender channel. The IDOC packaging option in the CC distinguishs a standard idoc channel from idoc channel with packaging.

> How to define the IDoc package size when I don't know how many IDocs will be sent from ECC to PI?

I would recommend you to watch the below video from the timeslot 00:45, you will http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/events?rid=/library/uuid/40a412a0-9501-2c10-cb83-f124e23d5373&overrid...

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

mayur_patel6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja, could you please repost the link? It doesn't seem to be loading anything.

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayur,

link of pooja works.

just wait a litle for the "loading", then "conecting", and after again 4 or 5 s to see the beginning of presentation.

Try again

Mickael