cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SMD Agent on a PI 7.1 System (no EHP1)

former_member160248
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to install a SMD Agent on a managed system that is on version 7.10. I cannot find an installation/Setup guide that references this level. Everything I have found either relates to 7.00, 7.01, 7.02 or 7.11. I took a shot to see if the 7.10 installation master would work but I cannot find this installation among the list of options within sapinst.

Anyone have thoughts or suggestions around this? Thanks.

Regards,

David Carr

Basis Administrator

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the SAP note:Note 1234387 - Inst. 7.1 EhP1 - Diagnostics Agent installation. - This gives an overview.

Also, For installing SMD agent you can use any SR3 based installation master. you need to Download SMD agent separately from service market place and define it in the Java component during the instatallation procedure.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jagan

former_member160248
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure how note 1234387 is relevent since this is 7.1 and the note relates to 7.1.1. If I use the SR3 master then I am forced to use the SR3 kernel and Javs DVDs as well. Does not seem correct to me since there are statements that indicate that the Disgnostic agent version depends on the SAP software installed on the managed system.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

David

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some time ago I found a guide named "End-to-End Diagnostics - Diagnostics agent troubleshooting" (sorry can't remember where), but here it is stated as follows:

"On a 711 or 710 Managed System, you should install a Diagnostics agent 711".

So I did this on our PI 7.10 SP7 system, and until now it works.... (our Solman system is Ehp1 SP19)

So go for the 7.11 Agent, that can be installed from the (PI) 7.11 installation CD/DVD.

7.0x Agents need Java 1.4, 7.1x Agents runs with SAPJVM5 like your PI system.

Hope this helps.

regards

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

This guide is Link:[Here|https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/002007974700000409092009E/DiagAgent_TroubleShooting.pdf]

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rolf,

My Self Mehul, I have install SMD Agent 7.11 on my PI 7.11 system and my Solman running on Solman 7.01 SP20 .. With SMD 7.01 Agent..... Once I install SMD Agent in my PI systems and then try to run Managed System SMD Agent Setup getting some warning for SSO Ticket, Some JVM Parameter null value etc...... Its Warnings..and I don't know how to remove it................ Also once I go to Wily Agent Setup under SMD on portal............... I am not able to retrive any profile for my PI systems........... Did u found same issues in your PI 7.11 system set up for E2E..............

Also did u setup below parameters in your 7.11 systems ?

1> Under RZ10

icm/HTTP/logging_0 : set to

PREFIX=/, LOGFILE=icmhttp.log, LOGFORMAT=SAPSMD, MAXSIZEKB=10240, SWITCHTF=day, FILEWRAP=on

jstartup/recorder = java -classpath ../j2ee/cluster/bootstrap/launcher.jar com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart com.sap.engine.flightrecorder.core.Collector ../j2ee/cluster/bootstrap -node %nodeID% %startTime% -bz $(DIR_GLOBAL) u2013exitcode %exitcode%

2>

You have performed the automatic Introscope configuration, and saved the generated JVM parameters for further use.

1. Start the SAP J2EE Config Tool.

2. Choose the server to be changed.

3. In the field Java Parameters , add the following new Java parameters:

Unix (for the exact parameters, see the step Introscope Configuration for managed systems)

-javaagent:/usr/sap/ccms/WILY8.1/wily/Agent.jar

-Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=/usr/sap/ccms/WILY8.1/wily/IntroscopeAgent.profile

-Dcom.wily.introscope.agent.agentName=SM1_DVEBMGS00_server0

**************************************************************************************

Also in Note 1365123 - Installation of Diagnostics Agents.... Attached Rules saying that if you are running on Solman 7.01 SPS 20 then u have to run 7.11 Agent but once I have look at Diagnostics agent troubleshooting guide it saying "To avoid libraries conflicts it is highly recommended to install a Diagnostics agent which has the same kernel release than the SAP systems already installed on the host."

*************************************************************************************

Don't know what will work and what not......

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member160248
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rolf and Jagan for relating your experience the documentation link. It will take some time to secure the media for 7.1.1 but I fully intend to try it at first opportunity.

David