cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error In connecting to FTP Site Using File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is file to idoc scneario, i need to connect to FTP Site, they have given the FTP Address as "ftp://209.67.176.220/Drop/"

They will drop the files at this place and also gave the user and Pwd for this.

When i open the ftp://209.67.176.220/Drop/ through Run Command, it is opening and able to see the files also manually...

I gave these in my File sender

Transport Protocol --FTP

Source Directory --- /Drop/

File Name ---CheckRequestExport.csv

Server-- 209.67.176.220

User and Pwd.

When File Sender adapter is looking the file from XI means iam getting this error

An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server '209.67.176.220:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 /Drop: The system cannot find the file specified. '. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

Please assist me am i giving the parameters correctly or not..

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Try by using the FTP host name (ex:sftp.abcamerica.net), some times the IP may give problem, i was facing the same thing.

And it is giving 550 error, the error starts with 5 then that error is related to the server, so contact the FTP server people if it is not working after giving the host name also.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I requested My client's Customer for the Host name of the FTP.

Once it comes i shall check this.

Please suggest me if any other way around apart from this clue..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with hostname and also try be keeping file name as * and check whether it is a filename problem.

Thanks

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi ,

Try this :

Source Directory --- ./Drop

A dot for going to parent directory and than coming back to drop folder with a slash.

Regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

When i mention the Directory as ./Drop , iam getting the error as

Could not process file 'Gel_invoice1.csv': com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 ./Pickup: The system cannot find the file specified.

Where as the i gave the file name in file adapter as . and the file name in folder is Gel_invoice1.csv

By this we can say that it is identified the file name in Folder and evn though it is saying that error.

Regards

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

In addition to checking the sender directory for permission to read/delete the file,please try changing the File adapter mode to "Passive" and try again(its active by default).

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I suggest to check whether file exists in the directory or not and also the proper authorisations. are there for reading the file

Check connecting to FTP server from Command prompt and check the file exists and permissions for the same

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

By Default its Passive only , not Active

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

File Exists and able to see the exact file with my Eyes

Iam able to delete the file manually by entering into folder.

Iam able to ping the server and able to see the files from CMD prompt.

I feel this is some thing different

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check SAP Note 1085539 which provides the SDA file for testing the ftp connection

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Thanks for clues..

For this Software Deployment using SDA on Server and i require one level of approval here.

i will do that, before that is there any thing which doesnt involve this kind of playing with server...

Iam able to login to FTP and able to see the files right.. it means can't we say the FTP Server is up and running ??

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

it might be from your local PC..but how about the connection from PI server ?

Also check the below thread may be useful

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

We are able to do the same Exercise from my Quality XI Server also.able to ping the FTP site and able to see the files placed over there.

The link provided by you here is not provided any solution rajesh...

Any how let me apply the SAP Note, by that hope will see any luck..

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved with Hostname and also we need to mention the root directory if any also

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for writing down your solution. I had a similar problem, needed the root

Hilde B.

Answers (0)