cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making the request invisible in CUP 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

we are using GRC 5.3 on SP 8.1 , We would like to make the Request type field unavilable in Request access Screen

I cannot make invisble in End user Personlization coz as Visiblie field (to be ste to YES or NO is greyed out) I presume as this was used in several requests processed

the request type is being used in intiators and CAD's .

Any thoughts how to make this invisible form the request screen , any imput would be much appreciated

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not bcoz u have created some requests. The application works in that way. The Invisible option in End User Personalization will be greyed out for ever. The options Visble, Editable, Default Value and Mandatory will be there for all the fields in End User Personalization. Depending on the field, they are greyed out or can be altered. Hope this is clear.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MK,

Have you tried de-activating the Request type from the Request configuration?

Here you specify which request types are available for selection. If you have redundant ones or inappropriate ones, you can deactivate them here. This enables you to have control over which you see and use.

End user personalisation will remove the whole field but not necessarily restrict the values to a specific few.

Cheers, Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks you guys Julius , simona nd venky

I cannot make it defualt quite yet because the fields are greyed out ! but howeer the issue is fixed in SP9

Request reason and Request type in End user personalization shows as "NO" in field mandatory but when click on change, it shows "YES" in the mandatory field

I will apply SP9 and hopefully i make it to default .

thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot make the Request Type field invisible. The only solution I can see is giving a default value and making it as uneditable. This way you can restrict the end users from editing the field. Hope this meets your requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Venky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venky ,

I cannot make the Request type invisble coz it has been used in several requests ?

or is how the application works ? as per end user personalization u can make it invisible right ?

Regards

MK

Former Member
0 Kudos

To my knowledge, SAP provided scripts to update historical data which you subsequently discovered to be undesirable - but they no long do this.

Venky's advise is the best option to go forward with, considering that you don't want to use it at all (at the current moment...).

Alternately, if you find someone who understands the data model and implications of a direct update, then you can do it at your own risk.

Cheers,

Julius