cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with number range and delivery document type

Former Member
0 Kudos

i used copy-control for LF and created ZLF. so, now i have LF and ZLF for delivery. then i went in and defined number range for ZLF, however, every time i create a delivery document ZLF, it picks up the number range set for LF. ZPLO is the sales order document that i'm creating the delivery for. when i goto document type ZLF, it does show ZPLO on there too linked to ZLF. but the # range it picks up is for LF.

suggestions? what could be the issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is the error i'm getting:

Copying is not poss.because an entry is missing in Table TVCPL: ZPLO LF

and

Copying is not poss.because an entry is missing in Table TVCPL: LF ZPLO TAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let's see why you get this error in the first place.

Copying is not poss.because an entry is missing in Table TVCPL: ZPLO LF

This is because system is trying to create a Delivery for Delivery type "LF" for a sales Doc type "ZPLO", which is wrong in your case.

What you want is to create a Delivery for Delivery type "ZLF" for a sales Doc type "ZPLO"

This error comes because, you have assigned "LF" delivery type to "ZPLO" instead of "ZLF".

To solve this, go to Tx" VOV8

Go in to your Sales Document type "ZPLO"

Under Shipping Section check the delivery type assigned, I think it's "LF". So change it to "ZLF"

Same time check whether you have assigned correct Delivery Related billing type also in Billing section.

Now your first error should be OK

Going to your second error.

Copying is not poss.because an entry is missing in Table TVCPL: LF ZPLO TAN

This is because system is checking whether you have maintained copy controls from Sales Document type "ZPLO" to Delivery Type "LF" for Item Category "TAN"

Since you correct the first error, this should be OK now.

But double check whether you have maintained copy controls from Sales Document type "ZPLO" to Delivery Type "ZLF" for relevant Item Category under transaction VTLA

Number range for delivery

If you want to define a new number range for your delivery type "ZLF", go to Tx: VN01.

Define a new number range.

Then go to your delivery type from Tx: OVLK and assign the new number range there under "NR int. assgt."

Best regards,

Anupa

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Go to VOV8, select your order type ZPLO and execute. There maintain the delivery type ZLF and the billing type at the bottom screen.

2) Go to VTLA and check whether you have maintained the item category TAN for the combination of ZPLO and ZLF

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Dear, go the document type ZPLO, open the detail tab, there in shipping you will find the relevant document for delivery there u define the relevant document for delivery that in ur case will be ZLF, hopefully it will cater your requirement

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as per your post,

it seems you have created new delivery document type by copying from LF to ZLF. while copying system prompts pop up box stating whether to copy the copy control settings of source document to target document.

if you said NO, then you have to maintain it manually.

above message is appearing: because in your sales document type ZPLO, delivery document type=LF, change it ZLF & try to create delivery.

reg number ranges: Tcode:OVLK- choose del doc type:ZLF, check the number range once again.

try n revert