cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM Batch change in Transfer Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have set up an implementation with standard FULL WM (not Lean WM solution). As soon as we create the Transfer order (TO) the system link automatically a batch, though there is not WM nor MM batch strategy linked to the warehouse.

During To creation it is also possible to modify the batch, whereas it is not possible to modify the batch during TO confirmation (cause the field is inihibithed).

Is it a standard SAP behaviour or do you think it is possible to set up something to manage the batch change during OT confirmation?

Thanks for your time

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Set up the storage type as Bulk storage type. Then system will create a Batch Neutral TO. While confirming the TO, you should be able to pick any Batch in the bin.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have read that the bulk storage can be used only with 1 material. But in our case we need to manage a lot of materials within the same bin.

Do you think it is applicable? Hovewer can you specify better all customizing steps, cause I have tried to set the customizing on warehouse type, but no way to modify the batch during TO confirmation.

Thanks

Maroc

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you have the batch number set to Internal?

If you have then SAP will allocate the Batch number

I hope that this helps

Frenchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done all setting. Bulk storage has been settled for the storage bin, and neutral batch settled. So that as soon as I create the To, no batch is linked automatically, but as soon as I try to confirm the TO the system request me the storage unit and not the batch. Is it possible to set the system in order to fill in the batch instead of storage unit? Is there something wrong in the configuration?

Many thanks

Marco