cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Error - Budget Almost Exhausted - Availability Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to use the Internal Order number(Real Order) in the shopping cart which has

estimated costs value of 25000 USD in KO02 and budget assignment of 25000 USD in KO22 and

we have Tolerance limit if the above Internal Order number is used in range 90%-129% it should

show warning and if it is used above 130% it should show ERROR.

While creating Purchase Order in SAP ECC 5.0 with the above the Interal Order number the system

works as expected but the ISSUE is when we try to use the same Internal Order in SRM 5.0 (classic scenario)

while creating shopping cart for value above between 22,500 USD to 25,000 USD (which is around 90%-129% of total value

25000 USD), the SRM system is throwing 2 hard ERROR messages(instead of Warning messages).

Error Messages are :1. Availability Control

2. Item XXX Order XXXXXXXX Budget Almost Exhausted

Experts any hints to resolve this issue is highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Noor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Implement any one of the OSS note 1062652 or 1327400, depending upon your SP level.

R/Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried with both the OSS notes but it is not working.

I think the notes is specific to : if (I-information) messages are showing as (E-Error) then it will fix it seems but

in my case SAP Internal Order errors and budget exceeded (W-warning) messages are showing up as E-Error messages

in SRM. The generic message BBP_PD 047 is being used to show the error messages(In an effort to fix this i also

tried changing the SPRO>SRM Server> CA basic settings>influence message control>BBP_PD 047 (standard message is W) but in our system it is forced to be E-Error) I tried changing it to Standard message(which is W-warning). Unfortunately

since it is generic message it affects other messages too(for example if I enter wrong cost center the message appears as W-Warning(instead of hard error).

My need is to display the Internal Order errors as W-Warning in SRM(As shown in SAP) instead of E-Error.

Thanks in advance for your valuable thoughts and contributions

Any clue to resolve this issue is highly appreciated

Thanks

Noor

Edited by: SAPSRM Consultant on Oct 29, 2009 8:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, there was couple of typo in the previous post.

I tried with both the OSS notes but it is not working.

I think the notes is specific to : if (I-information) messages are showing as (E-Error) then it will fix it seems but

in my case SAP Internal Order warnings and budget exceeded (W-warning) messages are showing up as E-Error messages

in SRM. The generic message BBP_PD 047 is being used to show the error messages(In an effort to fix this i also

tried changing the SPRO>SRM Server> CA basic settings>influence message control>BBP_PD 047 (standard message is W) but in our system it is forced to be E-Error) I tried changing it to Standard message(which is W-warning). Unfortunately

since it is generic message it affects other messages too(for example if I enter wrong cost center the message appears as W-Warning(instead of hard error).

My need is to display the Internal Order warnings as W-Warning in SRM(As shown in SAP) instead of E-Error.

Thanks in advance for your valuable thoughts and contributions

Any clue to resolve this issue is highly appreciated

Thanks

Noor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try implementing the BADI BBP_MESSAGES_BADI, to override the error message to warnings...

note 566202, this is for old SRM version.

R/Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Forgot to mention that I already tried BBP_MESSAGES_BADI and BBP_CHECK/Change Badi's to change

the messages from Error to Warning in SRM. Since the Messages are coming from SAP backend for

account assignment details it is not visible(or dont have control over it) in Badi's incoming message parameters.

Any other clue ?

Thanks

Noor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please deselect check box ' Display Back-End messages as Errors' in the following path,

SPRO> SAP Supplier Relationship Management>SRM Server> Cross application basic settings>Activate Extended Classic Scenario.

With the above setting, back end messages won't display in SRM.

Regards,

Chandolu Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry I was unable respond back to you for a while.

As per your directed SPRO path , I do not see the checkbox to disable the SAP error messages

Can you please verify the path. We are in SRM 5.0 and ECC 5.0 Classic scenario.

Thanks

Noor