SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need clarification in usage of premise and connection object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am working on a project and for that i have do move in for around 30 customers. i did up to move in . I assumed 5 customers from a single appartment and grouped them. so i used same connection object and premise for them. After move- in is done i checked the Equipment numbers generated for all the 5 in that group. The address in equipment display(ie03) and also the customer display (XD03) is overlapped with the connection objects address. so it is showing same address for all 5 customers. After that i changed the premise but used the same conection object. But again the customer address is overlapped with the given connection object address. can anyone help me how to solve this if i have a scenario like this : 5 customers from same appartment. how to create the connection obj and premise .

Thanks,

Archana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Archana:

Have you seen a picture of the "ISU house" which shows the relationships between those objects? That would be a good start. The Connection object has most of the address details. The premise can contain supplemental address details, like an apartment number. It sounds to me that your scenario requires one connection object (100 Main St) with 5 premises (Apt 1, Apt 2, etc) Each of the customers then moves into a separate premise.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Archana:

Have you seen a picture of the "ISU house" which shows the relationships between those objects? That would be a good start. The Connection object has most of the address details. The premise can contain supplemental address details, like an apartment number. It sounds to me that your scenario requires one connection object (100 Main St) with 5 premises (Apt 1, Apt 2, etc) Each of the customers then moves into a separate premise.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thnx Bill

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Archana,

Please have a look at the IS-U data model. The connection objects relates to the building and the premises to the appartments. The 5 customers/consumers/business partners live in their own premise. On premise level you may detail the address with such as "1st floor last door to the right".

Devices (meters) are installed technically in a devlice location that can be is linked to premise and connection object. Finally the utility installation holds all billing relevant data while the contract is the link between the technical master data and the business master data. During a move-in the address list of a BP is completed by the address of the connection object (if customized).

As you can see there are various factors affecting the address of a business partner and a installed device.

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

thnq Fritz

0 Kudos

Archana,

It seems that you are not happy with BIll's and my answer. What detail do you miss? Or did we misunderstand your questions?

Cheers,

Fritz