cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.0: IDOCs struck in IDX5 with error "Time Limit Exceeded".

former_member212816
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a File to IDOC scenario in PI 7.0. After mapping the IDOCs are posted from PI to ECC System.

On a normal day this interface works good, yesterday we received a huge file which resulted in the creation of about 25000 IDOCs from one single file. The mapping went fine, however the IDOCs created were not posted into ECC System. When we monitor the IDOCs using transaction code IDX5 in PI system, we found the error message as "Time limit exceeded", the user shown was "PIAFUSER". To overcome this error, we increased the time limit of PIAFUSER from default to about 1500 seconds.

Now, I want to push these IDOCs from PI into ECC System. Could you please let us know, how to push these IDOCs sitting in PI system to ECC?

We do not want to reprocess the file from the beginning. Please let us know if it is possible to push the IDOCs without processing the file? If yes, how to reprocess?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Manohar Dubbaka.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to smq1 and smq2.

See if any messages are stuck there. you can then select and restart the luw

former_member212816
Participant
0 Kudos

There are no messages in SMQ1 and SMQ2, to reprocess the message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please have a look into SM58 tRFC for not processed messages.

Best Regards,

Erik Hubers

former_member212816
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clue. I can see the message in SM58 transaction, and executing the LUW. Was just wondering if I can execute this same step in background mode, as it is taking very long time.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The standard report RSARFCEX can haelp you.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the help documentation is as follows:

Check the tRFC Status

Use

tRFC calls which transfer IDocs use the function module IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS at reception (before release 4.0: INBOUND_IDOC_PROCESS).

If an IDoc in the sending system has been passed to tRFC (IDoc status "03"), but has not yet been input in the receiving system, this means that the tRFC call has not yet been executed.

Activities

To check the status of the tRFC calls, choose Tools ® IDoc Interface/ALE ® Administration ® Monitoring ® Troubleshooting ® RFC Queue (SM58) and specify any additional selection criteria.

The program RSARFCEX restarts unsuccessful tRFC calls.

You cannot choose the option is being executed in background processing.

Best Regards,

Erik Hubers

former_member212816
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the information. I am running the program to execute the LUW. Will keep this threaded if I get into any issues in processing the message.

Thanks,

Manohar Dubbaka.

former_member212816
Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately the program failed again with the status message as "Function Module does not exist or EXCEPTION Raised."

I had even tried by changing the parameter "rdisp/max_wprun_time" in transaction RZ11 as per SAP NOTE 779927. But is of no use, one thing that I observed is the job failed exactly after 30 mins (1800 secs) both the times I executed this LUW from SM58. And the parameter "rdisp/max_wprun_time" had the value 1800 secs, before I change it to some 5400 seconds. But we didn't restart the system.

I am not sure if we are changing the parameter that is relevant to this issue. Now,we are planning to cancel the message, split the file into smaller files and process it.

I am interested in knowing further inputs to process this successfully. Thanks in advance.

former_member212816
Participant
0 Kudos

We found the following error i.e. Short Dump in the corresponding SAP ECC system where PI was trying to post the IDOCS.

"The program "SAPLEDIN" has exceeded the maximum permitted runtime without

interruption and has therefore been terminated."

We are planning to increase the same parameter "rdisp/max_wprun_time" in ECC system and try to post the message again, in future when we come across the issue.

For now, we went by splitting the file into several small files. Thanks for all your responses, I am closing this thread. However, anyone has any different idea to get over this issue, can put it in their inputs.

Thanks,

Manohar Dubbaka.

former_member212816
Participant
0 Kudos

Here is further documentation from the short dump. This is to confirm about the parameter that needs to be changed in SAP ECC System.

The maximum runtime of a program is limited by the system profile

parameter "rdisp/max_wprun_time". The current setting is 1800 seconds. If this

time limit is

exceeded, the system attempts to cancel any running SQL statement or

signals the ABAP processor to stop the running program. Then the system

waits another 60 seconds maximum. If the program is then still active,

the work process is restarted.

Thanks,

Manohar Dubbaka.