Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global object visible for all sessions in WebDynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

in a normal java web application you have the possibility

to put an object into the servlet context.

This object is visible for all sessions(e.g. some configurations or global settings for the

web application).

Now my question:

Is there a possibility in a WebDynpro application to put such an object into a "global context" visible for all sessions?

So I am looking for a container in WebDynpro which has

the same behaviour like the servlet context in a web application.

Thank you for your ideas an suggestions.

Greetings

Anton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To make a variable visible across application,create a bean in src-->packages. And Access it globally.

If u want an variable to be visible inside a view globally declare it in controller

//@@begin others

//@@end

Regards,

Vijayakhanna Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

To make an Variable Global ,you have define variable at various levels based on Usage.

1)Ex: If you want to define Variable between two different Components . when A component is embedded into B Component then you have to define at Component Interface level and Mapping has to be Defined.

2) If you want to make Variable to be used within the component among the Iviews ,then you can define at Component Controller or Custom Controller and Mapping has to be defined at Iview Level.

3) If you want to use Variable between two Webdynpro Iviews then you have define the eventing mechanism to pass the values among the EP Webdynpro Iviews.

Hope this answer helps you.

Thanks

Madhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Madhan,

thank you very much for your answer.

I tried as you suggested an it works.

Greetings

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhan,

what do you mean with 2) - can I map the context between two WebDynpro-iViews on a ep page? How does this work?

Thanks

Carsten

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anton,

What's wrong with static class variable for this scenario?

VS