cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLED process in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I need to use the SLED process for some of the materials in our warehouse.We are not doing the batch management.

Please correct me if i am wrong..

We must manually type in the expiration date during the goods receipts.

We should specify the SLED data in the material master record.

The SLED activated in the warehouse number control record.

My question 1- I am managing the materials which are subject to SLED in storage type with Non SLED products.in this case

While picking I need to use the FIFO or Partial quantity for non-SLED and 'H'-Shelf life expiration for SELD materials , how is this possible with in the same storage type? Is there any way of doing this.

Question 2- 'the system requires the entry of an expiration date during stock placements depending on the movement type and the material' in what sense it depends on movement type?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot use SLED with out Batch Management.

Thanks

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one respond to my question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

If you have maintained total life and remaining life in plant and storage location view of material master , sytem will automatically calculate shelf life for material , input will be manfacturing date or expiry date which is on the product.

for a storage type you can have only one pick strategy .

if shelf life is maintained for material on receipt transactions it will ask for manufacturing date or expirey date .

it is retrieved from material master .

Hope it helps.

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we manage some materials subject to SLED and some materials subject to non-SLED in one single storage type? When ever thepicking is done , i want to use the SLED picking strategy for materials subject to SLED and FIFO for materials subject to non SLED in the same storage type. How is this possible ?

Edited by: pranathi728 on Oct 12, 2009 10:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..

There is no problem in managing non sled and sled materials together but you cannot have different picking strategy for the same storage type.

Kindly check the storage type config in SPRO , i dont think you can have multiple picking strategy for single storage type .

if you want to have separate picking strategy maitain it different storage type.

Thanks

jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jinoy,

If that is the case, i want to use SLED (h) picking strategy for the storage type,

for SLED materials it works fine.

for non-SLED what picking strategy system will follow?

Edited by: pranathi728 on Oct 13, 2009 2:58 PM

Edited by: pranathi728 on Oct 26, 2009 1:58 PM