cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Entity too large- Call adapter step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting the following error in SXMB_MONI.

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">HTTP_RESP_STATUS_CODE_NOT_OK</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>413</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>Request Entity Too Large</SAP:P2>

Content length must be less than 134217728 bytes.

*<SAP:Stack>HTTP response contains status code 413 with the description Request Entity Too Large Error while sending by HTTP (error code: 413, error text: Request Entity Too Large)</SAP:Stack>*

I sent 70 MB input file to PI and i am aware this is very huge one. We are working on a solution now to send data in smaller chunks. This is very critical interface in our production environment whch should have atleast one temprory solution till the final solution in place.

I have changed the RequestHeaderLength parameter to 80740( 85*1024) and i restarted the HTTP provider also in VA. This has mentioned

@ http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1a/dbd2ba84b97144b922e8cb281ac18d/content.htm.

Once i changed the parameter, i tested the interface but still it is thrwoing the same error.

How should i handle this? is there any parameter which should allow me to process huge messages?

My Scanario is ABAP proxy>SAP PI>JDBC

Edited by: Rajesh on Oct 8, 2009 7:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is the input-file containing XML or is it pure data? If it is not XML, the adapter ContentConversion is used, the filesize will be enlarged because of the XML-tags. The adapter can check the file-size before convert the file. See help-page for more information:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/44/682bcd7f2a6d12e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Best Regards,

Erik Hubers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually the input XML file size is around 85MB and when it reaches SXMB_MONI , the message size is around 175 MB..

The input file was pure XML file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Other point which i noticed is, in the error message it is throwing Content length must be less than 134217728 bytes.

134217728 bytes = 128 MB.

Where exactly this parameter is maintained?

Bcz MaxRequestHeadersLength parameter had only 16384 ( only 16 KB) when some 50 MB messages were processed. I am totally confused here.

Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

There is one OSS note which definitely helpful.

Note 657759 - "413 Request Entity Too Large" on J2EE Engine

Looks like, we can have negative value which ideally means no restriction on the request.

Let me try this and will get back to you all

Former Member
0 Kudos

MaxRequestHeadersLength : this parameter is for header according to sap documentation. it will not help you out i beleive.

In your case your content in HTTP message is large.

change parameter MaxRequestContentLength to negative.

Inder

Edited by: Kulwinder Grewal on Oct 8, 2009 10:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

In the help-page for the Sender File Adapter, there is at point :

Define Additional Parameters

24. Specify the maximum file size in bytes.

The adapter only processes files that are smaller than the specified size. An error occurs if files are any larger.

So you could define a maximum length yourselves.

Otherwhise it depends in how much memory your system is supporting. In the

Note 821267 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0/ PI 7.1 File Adapter

Question 14. Memory Requirements

Q: Which memory requirements does the File Adapter have? Is there a restriction on the maximum file size it can process?

A: The maximum file size that can be processed by the File Adapter depends on a number of factors:

The most important one is the size of the Java heap, which is shared among all messages processed at a certain point in time. In order to be able to process larger messages without an out of memory error (OOM), it is recommended to increase the size of the available Java heap and/or to reduce the concurrency in the system so that fewer messages are processed in parallel.

Another factor negatively influencing the maximum message size in releases up to and including XI 3.0 SP 13 is an enabled charcter set (encoding) conversion if the message type is set to "Text".

Using the transport protocol "File Transfer Protocol (FTP)" also uses more memory for processing than the transport protocol "File System (NFS)" (up to and including XI 3.0 SP 13).

If the Message Protocol "File Content Conversion" is used in a File Sender channel, consider that not only the size of the input file affects the File Adapter's memory usage, but even more the size of the XML resulting from the conversion, which is usually a few factors larger than the original plain text file.

To reduce the memory consumption in this scenario, consider configuring the setting "Maximum Recordsets per Message" for the sender channel. This will cause the input file to be split into multiple smaller mesages.

-

Above information should help you.

Best Regards,

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The issue has been solved .

There are two ways we can solve this,

Set maxRequestHeader to -1

0r

maxContentLength to 252MB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I am also facing the same issue, But I didn't find any trace like Content length must be less than xxxxxxxxx bytes in my message. I believe that issue is with file size, because all the next messages are processed successfully for the same interface (file length is low).

Message is getting failed at call adapter with mentioned error.

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">HTTP_RESP_STATUS_CODE_NOT_OK</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>400</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>protocol error</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3 />

Kindly suggest me the activities need to perform to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Anusha Penneru

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are specifying 85*1024 which is bytes. 80740 means 80 KB. You need to further mutiply it wiith 1024.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

The original value was 16384 so i though of changing to 85*1024.

Do you mean to say 8510241024= 89128960?