cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uninstall di api failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i can't uninstall di api on a client machine. I tried it by Systemsteuerung-->Software.

Run Setup.exe of di api also failed.

Does anybody know how i can deinstall the di api.

thanks

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

DI API is usually uninstalled the default windows way, under StartConfigurationControl PanelAdd or Remove Programs.

I have never had any problems with it. Could you be more specific in the error? perhaps the DI API is in use?

Regards,

Ibai Peñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ibai,

there is no process running.

the error looks like this:

" internal failure"

Error number: 0x80040707

Description:

Thast all.

regards

Markus

AdKerremans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I Googled and I found on <malicious site> the following

Problem

You may occasionally come across a Windows error message with the code 0x80040707, and you'll probably find very little documentation on how to handle it. You'll often encounter this error when you're running an installation or upgrade routine from within Windows.

Solution

If you're getting this error message as part of an installation or upgrade routine, here's one of the easiest ways to circumvent the problem:

1. Go to the directory that holds the file for launching the installation (for example, Setup.exe).

2. Right-click on the installation file and select Run As.

3. Uncheck the box that says Protect My Computer And Data From Unauthorized Activity, and click OK.

Alternatively, if you're running this installation from a CD, you may need to simply clean the CD and try the installation again. Another possibility for resolving this error is to run Windows Update on the system before running the installation routine.

If none of those solutions work, try these two links, which provide additional information on the error and ways to overcome it:

InstallShield: Unhandled Exception 0x80040707

Installation problems with Macromedia Cold Fusion/InstallShield 6.22

Regards

Ad

Message was edited by: Peter Hartwich removed link to a malicous site

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ad,

sap support sent me the solution. i had to do following steps:

- delete directory of di api

- remove each GUID(product of DI API) in the registry.

- remove entry SAP Business One Data Com in registry

After that i was able to reinstall the application

thanks for help

Markus

Answers (0)