Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJ20N: link doc. templates to project template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have a need for following scenario (standard ECC 6.0):

Project manager creates a new project in transaction CJ20N using template. This is standard, I know. However, there is a need that the project template should also include templates for documents (planning to utilise DMS or KM or equivalent?).

Documents are linked to different statuses or parts of the project progress and they might be tailored project by project, e.g. names of the respondents, but there are a lot of standard text. Level for assignment is WBS. Documents are templates --> they are modified according to needs of that given project or then the documents are; e.g. drawings --> not modifiable.

They are not willing to create DIR somewhere else and then assign it to project - at least not now. It is also the question of easily knowing what template is needed for what phase. There are legal issues also.

So, is there some sort of FM or Bapi needed to call CV01N "inside" CJ20N?

Since there is a huge amount of documents, the structure of the different documents/templates is also a tough question but this can be most likely be sorted out through KM - portal is also used as UI.

Help for this CV01N - CJ20N is problem is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Pipsa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Basav,

Thanks for the document.

BR,

Pia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pipsa

I would definitely explian to the client, how system works.

DIR has to be created in CV01N & then need to be checked in to content server. Once the DIR/ doc is available in content server, then only you can attach it to a project WBS/ activity or any other object.

Wihout having a DIR/ doc available in DMS server, it not possible to attach a DIR/ doc to project.

Explain this to you client dude.

Thanks

Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

.................However, there is a need that the project template should also include templates for documents (planning to utilise DMS or KM or equivalent?).

If you are planning to utilize DMS, then CV01N is option for creating DIR & attaching doc in CJ20N.

They are not willing to create DIR somewhere else and then assign it to project

Then forget DMS & attach the dpcument directly in the project "Service for Objects". You can't have any control on it. & it's not searchable. Everytime you'll have to open the project to see that document.

This is what I wanted to convey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know the service for object but it's no solution for this since the requirement for versioning and other possible status & approval chains are there. In addition there are other document but e.g. assignment contract to vendor is standard compared to this project stuff. Problem is that there are very conflicting business needs and knowledge level varies greatly...

Thanks anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Easier said than done, I'm afreaid - the explaining part...

I still need to check about PS texts. I was wondering whether they could be utilised as templates in PS and for others use DIR. This is a global project and each country has its own moscow-list.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use PS texts, but You can not have versions, approval process etc.. with PS text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the PS text comment.

I've never worked with PS texts before. Where are the text types maintained; e.g. SAP scripts etc. Can you give tables, transactions or IMG path?

BR,

Pipsa

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here we go

SPRO>SAP Customizing Implementation Guide>Project System>Documents>Define Text Types for PS Texts

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to check this more. I assume that documents are stored in SAP db. I'm a bit sceptical how this will work when there are hundreds of documents. CN04 Edit is relatively good, but the problem is that you cannot version it. If you mess with the template then that's it.

I am not too convinced it can be utilised in this case - thanks anyway.

Pipsa

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dude I told you before too.

You can not have version control with PS text.

It's always good to good ahead with DMS. Discuss & explain this with your client & convince him.

0 Kudos

Hi Pipsa

Look for link: help.sap.com/bp_blv1600/V5600/.../210_BPP_EN_LT.doc for a possible solution.

Regards,

Basav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Basav,

Thanks for reply but I cannot access the link. All I get is:

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

• Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.

• If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.

• Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.

Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

• Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.

• Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

If I try an part of the link (execpt help.sap.com) I get "not authorized to Directory". Can you please send the link again.

Thanks,

Pia