Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: how to see who got access to a particular table

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to see list of users who got access to a particular table is there any way to find this one.

I went to SUIM but there is option to enter the Auth Group in S_TABU_DIS which consists of several tables, but i want only the users who can change a particular table.

thanks,

SSS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, if the user has change authorizaitons (i.e. activity 2) then he can change all tables inside that authorizaiton group.

For example, if I want to know users having change authorizations on HR tables, I would enter in SUIM as below

Authorizaiton object S_TABU_DIS

ACTIVITy 02

Auhtorization group PA

Now this list gives me list of users having change authorization to all tables in authorization group PA.

If you want to separate the tables, then move it to different authorizaiton group.

Regards,

Gowrinadh C

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, if the user has change authorizaitons (i.e. activity 2) then he can change all tables inside that authorizaiton group.

For example, if I want to know users having change authorizations on HR tables, I would enter in SUIM as below

Authorizaiton object S_TABU_DIS

ACTIVITy 02

Auhtorization group PA

Now this list gives me list of users having change authorization to all tables in authorization group PA.

If you want to separate the tables, then move it to different authorizaiton group.

Regards,

Gowrinadh C

0 Kudos

So, other than that there is no option to see who has change access to a particular table correct?

Thanks,

SSS

0 Kudos

As per I know. NO !

0 Kudos

Identify the table in question first. Once done, go to transaction sm30. Input the table V_DDAT. (in the new ECC versions you might have to try table V_DDAT_54). In the next screen click on position and input the table name in question. You'll now see the authorization group assigned to this table.

The next step is to check in SUIM / table AGR_1251:

Object S_TABU_DIS and the authorization group you have earlier identified (Regards activity, you can select 02 / 03 as per your requirement).

Regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

ok thanks

Thanks

SSS

0 Kudos

Prashant,

I went to TDDAT and it showed me the Auth Group for the table.

Thanks,

SSSS

0 Kudos

You can now use the authorization group identified to search for users who have access to the authorization group in the object S_TABU_DIS.

Regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

yeah i did that , just trying to see if we can do it by table not by group.

But i think we cant do it by table.

thanks for every one who replied to me

thanks,

SSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about the ability to import a transport request, or even just release one?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius,

sorry, i did not get your question

thanks,

SSS

0 Kudos

Someone might change the table in a different (e.g. development) system and transport the changes. That is more often than not the case in fact.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius,

you are right and i did not think about that, then whats the solution?

one more doubt for cross client tables they have to open the client for changes correct and for client dependent they don't have to open the client.

thanks,

SSSS

Edited by: sun on Oct 8, 2009 3:40 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Not always required. there are ways to bypass this. Check the below thread. It will give you more information about your doubt.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

Monitoring your transports and checking their contents is a good start. Configuring your TMS correctly is another important aspect, as well as other RFC connections from non-Production type systems.

Current settings views and the few dozen tables which can be edited from SE16 form a small local exception in comparison.

Cheers,

Julius