cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI working with two MDM Repositories on same server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PI experts,

I have this requirement to accomplish, maybe someone can guide me through. My experience with PI / XI is almost zero.

We had one MDM repository working per server, and PI configured to deliever the xml file each time articles are created in SRM.

Process : User creates articles in SRM, PI delievers xml in MDM folder, user enriches articles in MDM.

Now we have created a second MDM repository (but in the same server). The idea is making possible for PI to decide to each catalog / repository it should send the xml file, based on a field it would recieve from SRM (field "comany").

How and where could i make this enhancement in PI?

Do i have to create a new business system for the new catalog? or just a new communication chanel (with new paths to deliever xml file)?

Later on i guess i have to create a condition based on the value of the field (delievered by srm) in "Reciever determination".

As i told you, PI is not my area of expertise. Any ideas are very welcome.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Joao Silva Carvalho

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> How and where could i make this enhancement in PI?

> Do i have to create a new business system for the new catalog? or just a new communication chanel (with new paths to deliever xml file)?

>

> Later on i guess i have to create a condition based on the value of the field (delievered by srm) in "Reciever determination".

a new communication channel and the conditional routing (in the interface determination since receiver is going to be the same) should help you

/people/suraj.sr/blog/2006/01/05/multiple-inbound-interfaces-within-a-service