cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Language Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

Altough xi support unicode support, would like to know whether XI supports Conversion/transformation of French and chinese characters

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats what I meant the file has a combination of A) French and english and B) English and Chinese and may be French and English and Chinese as well :-)And I was confused as to which codepage or convention to use when a file has more than one language per file???

Thanks in advance for your effort

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

UTF-8 or UTF-16 (unicode)

http://www.unicode.org/charts/

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi stephan thats right but say ive got a file whichs got a combination of French and english characters would it work?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rizwan,

English and French characters are the almost same. Both are part of the code page latin-1.

Are are French and <b>Chinese</b> characters in the same file? In this case I assume that there is no vaild code page besides UTF-8 or UTF-16 which has both parts of characters. Can you look at the file with an editor program like notepad?

Regards

Stefan

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XI uses the codepage conversions of the operating system. If you want to transform french or chinese characters to UF-8, you have to install that codepages to your operating system.

Regards

Stefan