cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abstract and Concrete Project Roles

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can anybody explain what the difference is between abstract and concrete project roles in cProjects.

There is a field DPR_PART-CONCRETE_ROLE where this is stored, but I did not find out for what this is needed and where it is set.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For a role there can be multiple staffings.

So for multiple staffings, the System creates a Shadow Role which if having Role type as 0SAP_CPR.

For such roles field DPR_PART-CONCRETE_ROLE has value X

Other values are Not filled in and if you check the Role Id is common for original and system created Shadow role.

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps !!!!

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, got it.

If I read the responsible role for a task (CL_DPR_TASK->MR_PARTICIPANTS->GET_RESPONSIBLE_ROLE( ) ), do I get the abstract role, or the concrete role?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

By passing the task id get responsible GUID and compare with DPR_PART GUID

thus you can find out which is the one.

Why do you want it? Mostly it willbe Abstract ( without Checkbox for Concrete, Shadow)

I dont have scenario to Test n tell you.

Niranjan

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

CL_DPR_TASK->MR_PARTICIPANTS->GET_RESPONSIBLE_ROLE( ) you get the abstract role.

Simple rule about abstract role and concrete role.

Abst. Role: the role you defined in the resource tab.

Conc. Role: the assigned resouce(business partner). It is somehow a 'dumm'y role used internally. Using this dummy role, the resouce can have the all the functionality of the role, e.g. distribution funcationality. From program technical view, it is not needed any more to apply the same funcationality for two different object types ( role and resource)

the father-children relationship between them are stored in cgpl_hierarchy.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

I just found out the difference between the two buttons on the "Roles" tab on task level:

1. Assign Role

2. Assign Ressource

The button "Assign Role" creates a link from the task to the abtract role, while the button "Assign ressource" creates a link to the concrete role.

Just to let you know.

0 Kudos

in cProjects basic data tab, if you set a project role as responsible role that is considered as Abstract role.

if you set Responsible Resource, then it is considered as concrete role.

Thanks,