cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is activity in SAP CRM with examples plz?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

What is activity in SAP CRM with examples plz?

Thanks

CRM Newbee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activities are explained in CR010 & CR300. It is a transaction type used to record sales activities e.g. telephone call, email or customer visit or a follow up call, request to fill up a questionnaire or request to set the status to complete etc. in customer/partner engagement lifecycle. This has mainly information like: Activity type partner, texts & dates. However it is an order document like opportunity, sales order etc. & extra information can be added by including customer set types like we do in opportunity, quotation, sales order, conttract etc.

Activities are a central part of SAP CRM & used across application e.g. Interaction Center, Sales, Marketing etc.

I hope this should be sufficient & helpful.

If you need to understand more about basic concept of Activities please see the dropdown list for Activity types..this will give you a good idea as to what are the kinds of business transactions which can be activities.

Regarding Quotation thing...Quotation is not an activity but 'Create Quotation' or 'Create Quotation as follow up to a lead or opportunity' can be an activity.

Thanks,

Vivek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member927251
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

An activity is a business transaction in CRM which can be used to track all the transactional data in CRM.

E.G. Suppose you create quotation for a customer, this is an activity in CRM.

You can maintain activities from transaction <b>CRMD_BUS2000126</b>.

<b>Reward points if it helps and don't hesitate to ask further questions.</b>

Regards,

Amit Mishra

Message was edited by: Amit Mishra

P000636
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Quotation is a activity ?? i dont understand this... quotation is one order. Other kind of order is activity like contacts with clients.

Regards.

Manuel.

former_member927251
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

Actually in my case I have created my own Z type activity for quotation. This was a requirement from the client.

By the way you can see all the activity type by following the path :

CRMD_BUS2000126 --> Select Business Transaction from Menu --> Create --> It will give you list of Activity Types in CRM.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Amit Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeez...Quotation is an Activity!!??!! Man, u can't say something in haste...just for some points. You put the awading points thing in bold, but didn't care to give a correct answer!! <b>Quotation can never be an Activity, period</b>.