cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display the data in row wise in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to make a modification a smartform of poprinting and i want to display the row wise . At present it is displaying the

column wise. Actually there is a text which i want to display the data row wise.

It is possible to display the data in row wise of the text .

Edited by: nav009 on Oct 8, 2009 10:39 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188005
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to display the text in row wise then there are 2 options:

1. You have to break the text in to number of rows u want to display

2. You have to use the table design and design the table column in such a ways that the text fits only the desired length of the text in the column. By this the remaining text is pushed to the second row.

Example: ABCDEDGH.... is the text design the column width to just 4 MM so that it can display only A and then the remaining text B / C/ ... is pushed to the next row.

If you are sure of the requirement then go for the first option.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shakeel,

My reuqierment is i am having field which is storing the data of 128 charaters and i had checked in the debug mode that this field is storing the data in a row i.e. 128 characters in a single row.

The problem lies with display of data in the smartform as when i try to increse the width of the column the positioning of ther also gets changed.

I think i have to convert the whole format i.e. whole column into rows but i want to know that table design does allow to display the data like it ?

Edited by: nav009 on Oct 9, 2009 7:37 AM

Edited by: nav009 on Oct 15, 2009 6:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If i understand your problem exactly then try this in smartform :

&field(255)&&field(255)255&&field(510)255&

what I understand from your problem is field length is more but while displaying it is displaying partial .

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had tried it as you had said but it is giving error that incorrect value and i want to know when i defined it i.e. &item-cc(255)&

it is showing no effect on the data.now i had increased the width of it but the values others are getting displaced from their respective values..

One more problem is the output layout,i want to display the data of the text i.e. when the data is to be displayed of the text should cut the lines of the present layout and rest of the dtaa in that same lines as continous.

Is it posiible to display the data like this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

&item-cc(255)& , If CC field contains more than 255 character & want to display CC field in smartform ,then it shows data in several rows depends upon width of column .It is not going to displaced your other values . second problem I dont understand.

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to say that when,currently the text which is already containing the text is displaying the data in column and i want to display it in a row.

At present the whole data is disaplying(other columns also) are displayd in a column i.e. tax,rate,quantity.

When i increase the width of the column in a column having the text field it is only then displaying the data in row only totally depending on the width of it .......

How can diaplay the remaining data in it if i ncrese the width of the column having text.

can anybody give some idea about it......

Edited by: nav009 on Oct 15, 2009 12:37 PM

Edited by: nav009 on Oct 16, 2009 8:24 AM

former_member303542
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I assume that your requiremen is related to smartform.the below is the solution i suggest.

As per my understanding of your requirement ,It's clear that as of now there is some description field which is also getting displayed along with other PO fields.

However you would like to display the description field in a new line since the length of this field is longer than other fields as a result the data is getting scattered .

Therefore one better option could be: since the whole data from PO would be in a loop you can display all other fields in one line type of the table as per the intial requirement and you display the description line alone in a new line type wth the desired length so that data would not be scattered and no data loss would happen.

I assume you are aware of creating of line types for table.

Thanks

M.Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain exactly what data you want to print and how it is coming column wise now and the changes you require?

Regards,

Subhashini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually the PO is displaying the data in coloumn wise and i want to display it in row wise i.e. the text which is showing the value stored in avariable(i.e. having 128 characters) . The main purpose of displaying it in row wise.

i hope you understood.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can take only one column of your own new internal table and transfer all these fields from all columns to that one column field of internal table.You have to loop through all the column data.

Then automatically all data will come in rows.

Regards,

Subhashini