cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limiting sales to a customer upto a certain limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

My case is such that i want to limit my customer sales to a certain limit in for a particular period.

For e.g. ABC is my customer and every month i do sales with him. I want to limit my sales up to 5 lac's in 1 month with him i.e mine sales cannot cross 5 lac's per month with him.

how do i obtain this?

Please help

chintan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This you can achieve using the CREDIT MANAGEMENT

Set the credit limit for the customer in the Transaction code FD32

In the credit management use the DYNAMIC CREDIT LIMIT which has the HORIZON LIMIT where you can define the period

Let say the HORIZON PERIOD is 1 month, then the credit exposure of the customer will be compared against the credit limit for that period and if it exceeds it will block the order.

Please check this link for the DYNAMIC CREDIT CHECK CONFIGURATION

http://www.sap-img.com/sap-sd/credit-management.htm.

thanks,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the solution!!

Can u explain please explain the difference between static and dynamic credit limit checks and also more about horizon period and how the horizon period works.

Regards,

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

STATIC CREDIT CHECK: In the static credit check system compare the DOCUMENT VALUE + OPEN ITEMS for the customer with the credit limit which was maintain in the FD32 to get the credit exposure of the customer

The document value may be the sales order value or Open delivery value or Open billing value

1) Open Doc.Value / Sales Order Value : Which is save but not delievered

2) Open Delivery Doc.Value : Which is delivered but not billed

3) Open Billing Doc.Value : Which is billed but not posted to FI

OPEN ITEMS are the value which was billing and released to FI but not yet received the Payment from the Customer

System will take into account all the above to calculate the CREDIT EXPOSURE

DYNAMIC CREDIT CEHCK: System will compare the folllowing with the Credit limit of the Customer to get the Credit exposure

1) Open Doc

2) Open Delivery

3) Open Billing

4) Open Items

5) Horizon Period = Eg.3Months

Here the Horizon period will be considered.

The main functionality of the Horizon period is , Let say if the customer has credit limit of 1,00,000$ and the Horizon period is 3 months, then system will calculate the Open order values, Open delivery values and Open Billing values and Open items which fall below these 3 months and wont considere the open values which are after the Horizon period.

Hope it is clear,

Please revert back if you need further details.

thanks,

santosh

Answers (0)