Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about MII and xMII UDS versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

just some quick questions on MII and MII UDS:

• Has the final version 12.1 of MII already been released? I can't find it in my service marketplace (does it depend on my account configuration?)

• What is the last MII UDS version? The 4.0 SP2? Is xMII UDS supported on Windows 2003 server 64 bit or only on 32bit?

• Can I connect MII via UDC connector to an UDS different from xMII UDS?

Your help is appreciated...

Mauro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> * Has the final version 12.1 of MII already been released? I can't find it in my service marketplace (does it depend on my account configuration?)

Yes, it would depend upon your SMP credentials and licensed software purchases (if you have 12.0 then you're eligible for 12.1 too). But it is not GA yet, so only people in ramp-up currently have access to it. Don't both asking for a date because it has not been set. Some time this quarter hopefully

>

> * What is the last MII UDS version? The 4.0 SP2? Is xMII UDS supported on Windows 2003 server 64 bit or only on 32bit?

The 2.5 UDS's are still viable and necessary for some of the vendor API based connections, but 4.0 is available for OleDB, OPC-DA and OPC-HDA. They have only been validated on 32 bit, but in theory they should work in a 32 bit emulation mode on a Windows 64 bit environment. Supported vs. unsupported is a thin line as a result, but perhaps others using them could share any specific experiences using them on 64 bit.

>

> * Can I connect MII via UDC connector to an UDS different from xMII UDS?

Your MII version of 11.5, 12.0, or 12.1 will work the same way with the UDS's as they are not version specific to MII.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jeremy!

Answers (0)